Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-15 08:26:10

Ventor

Input freezes with Electrton based apps

Hi there!

I have a weird issue with the XFCE and Electron based apps. When I use them, or if they run minimized, my input randomly freezes (keyboard and mouse) and it hangs for 1-2 seconds. That happens randomly within a 10-20 second timeframe.

I'm having this issue on Manjaro XFCE, Xubuntu and not with any other desktop environment, just XFCE. I've used GNOME, KDE and i3 before with this system and never had any issues with that. I'm now trying XFCE and getting this issue.

I looked in the logs and found entries in the Xorg.0.log, which I will append here:

[  2401.241] (EE) event25 - Keychron Keychron K2: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 24ms, your system is too slow
    [  2445.016] (EE) event25 - Keychron Keychron K2: client bug: event processing lagging behind by 19ms, your system is too slow
    [  2445.016] (EE) event25 - Keychron Keychron K2: WARNING: log rate limit exceeded (5 msgs per 60min). Discarding future messages.
    [  2476.522] (II) event20 - Mionix Castor: SYN_DROPPED event - some input events have been lost.

With other apps, such as Firefox, Thunderbird, Thunar, xfce4-terminal, etc. it does not happen. Only on some Electron Apps like VSCode or Atom. This bug is extremely annoying and I could not find a solution for it, yet.

Maybe some of you have an idea, whiy this is happening on the XFCE version.

My system:
    i9-9900K
    32 GB RAM
    RTX2070 with 460.39 driver
    Linux manx 5.9.16-1-MANJARO #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Dec 21 22:00:46 UTC 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux

The reason I'm posting this here and not on the Xorg support is that, XFCE is the only other component, that is different to my other setups.

#2 2021-02-15 13:09:38

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Input freezes with Electrton based apps

Hello and welcome.

Interesting that you are finding that this happens only with Xfce and only with some electron apps. My initial thoughts were around the keyboard auto-suspending or maybe a libinput issue, but if that were the case, you would see it in different DEs and on different apps.

Can you try disabling the compositor (Settings Manager > Window Manager Tweaks > Compositor) and see if that makes a difference?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-02-17 10:01:23

Ventor

ToZ wrote:

Hello and welcome.

Interesting that you are finding that this happens only with Xfce and only with some electron apps. My initial thoughts were around the keyboard auto-suspending or maybe a libinput issue, but if that were the case, you would see it in different DEs and on different apps.

Can you try disabling the compositor (Settings Manager > Window Manager Tweaks > Compositor) and see if that makes a difference?

Thanks for your tip!

I've disabled the Compositor and it worked and the issue is not appearing. Maybe I could switch the compositor or something?

#4 2021-02-17 11:45:07

ToZ
Administrator

Since Manjaro has access to the AUR, can you try installing and running "xfwm4-git" to see if the problem persists. xfwm4 is being actively developed and there have been some compositor fixes since the last release.

If this doesn't fix the issue, you should create a new bug report so the developer is aware.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer