Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-28 10:40:36

tildeman

undefined symbol: xfce_panel_plugin_provider_set_icon_size

Recently I manually compiled Xfce version 4.16.0 on Debian 10 and everything went correctly, but when I logged onto my desktop, the panel didn't appear. I manually tried xfce4-panel and it returned:

(process:6314): GLib-WARNING **: 17:20:14.244: (../../../glib/gerror.c:407):g_error_new_valist: runtime check failed: (domain != 0)

(process:6314): xfce4-panel-wrapper-CRITICAL **: 17:20:14.244: Wrapper applicationsmenu-1: Failed to open plugin module "/usr/local/lib/xfce4/panel/plugins/libapplicationsmenu.so": /usr/local/lib/xfce4/panel/plugins/libapplicationsmenu.so: undefined symbol: xfce_panel_plugin_get_icon_size.

Is this a Makefile glitch or just me forgetting to pass the correct parameters?

#2 2021-03-28 19:58:38

ToZ
Administrator

Re: undefined symbol: xfce_panel_plugin_provider_set_icon_size

Hello and welcome.

Did you install over an existing Xfce install? It looks like you've got your libraries all mixed up. xfce_panel_plugin_get_icon_size was introduced in 4.14 and if its not finding it, it most probably means that you are still using the 4.12 libraries.

One option would be to uninstall the existing Xfce packages and then build these. Make sure you have the new libraries in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH or during configuration specify your prefix as "/usr" and your libdir as "/usr/lib/$(uname -m)-linux-gnu". See this thread as an example.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer