Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-01 22:19:22

peido

TouchPad Buttons Not Set Correctly

Hi.

Sorry in advance if this is not something to do with XFCE.

I'm using an Acer Aspire 5720, it's touchpad has a total of 6 buttons:
    - one left button;
    - four directional buttons on the center;
    - one right button.

My problem is that the four center directional buttons are not working.

Using xev, I was able to determine the following:
    - the button pointing up does the same thing as the left button (button 1);
    - the button pointing left is mapped as button 2;
    - the button pointing down does the same thing as the right button (button 3);
    - the button pointing right does nothing;
    - swiping one finger up on the leftside of the touchpad is mapped as button 4, and down as button 5;
    - swiping one finger left on the downside of the touchpad is mapped as button 6, and right as button 7.

I don't mind the swipes, but I want the four center directional buttons to be mapped as buttons 4, 5, 6 and 7.

I switched a few months ago from Lubuntu 14.04 to Linux Mint XFCE 20 (package base Ubuntu 20.04), and I had no troubles with Lubuntu.

Also, sometimes I use USB a mouse with scrollwheel, and it works fine.

I tried following a guide that told me to modify mine /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but I don't have that file.

Thank you for any help.

#2 2021-04-01 22:49:51

peido

Re: TouchPad Buttons Not Set Correctly

Just found out that I was using the libinput driver.
Used the 'apt install xserver-xorg-input-synaptics' command to install the synaptics driver (which takes priority over the libinput driver), rebooted the computer and my problem was solved.
I also discovered that there is a xserver-xorg-input-evdev driver. Anyone recommends the evdev over the synaptics one? If yes, how can I change from the synpatics to the evdev?

Now I just find that the pointer is to slow. I've already set the acceleration and sensibility to the max on the XFCE settings, but I still find it slower.
Any way I could improve this?

Thanks.

Board footer