Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-23 00:18:08

jahnsentulip

How to display notifications after clicking on them

Hello there xfce users,
I recently (few months ago) decided to try xfce as graphic environment for Debian and I found it perfect for my needs. There is this thing with notifications however that bothers me incredibly, whenever I get a system notification if I click on it to read it it just disappears.
Luckily I've been able to check them out going to:
cd ~/.cache/xfce4/notifyd
But still, would be quicker and would make more sense to be able to read them in full as they appear. Also the docs are not that helpful unfortunately, https://docs.xfce.org/apps/notifyd/start doesn't share much info.

Can anyone indicate me the way? :)

Last edited by jahnsentulip (2021-04-23 00:18:54)

#2 2021-04-23 11:56:52

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How to display notifications after clicking on them

Hello and welcome.

Yes, if you click on a notification it will disappear. If you add the "notification plugin" to the panel, you can left-click the plugin to see the most recent notifications listed. You an also view the complete log via "Notification Settings > Log tab".

You can also change the "Disappear After" value in Notification settings to a larger value if you want the notification to stay on the screen longer.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-04-24 02:58:42

jahnsentulip

Re: How to display notifications after clicking on them

Hi @ToZ,
thank you for your answer. I'll use the log tab of the notification settings panel then.

Cheers

Board footer