Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-17 15:49:30

abelthorne

Status tray not refreshing indicators

Hello,
Since I've upgraded to Xubuntu 21.04 (XFCE 4.16), I have a weird issue with the new Status Tray panel plugin. It also happens with the old Indicator Status one. The Indicator one seems to work properly (but it doesn't manage the systray and has less customization options).

When I open an application that provides an indicator, it doesn't appear in the tray unless I remove the plugin from the panel and add it again. If I close the app and open it again, the indicator doesn't appear anymore unless I remove the plugin and re-add it again. It looks like it doesn't refresh the list of indicators and only displays the ones active when added to the panel.

I've tried a live Xubuntu session, it works fine. I've tried a secondary account that I never use except for tests, it works fine too, so it seems that the issue is related to my usual session.

I've tried to remove what seemed to be related to XFCE in ~/.config, ~/.local/share and ~/.cache in order to revert to a base config, no change. I've also tried to delete the original panel and create a new one, no change.

Any idea about what could lead to that kind of behaviour?

#2 2021-05-18 14:08:06

abelthorne

Re: Status tray not refreshing indicators

I might have tracked down the issue to an icon cache in ~/.local/share/icons/hicolor, though there might be other combinations of elements that trigger it.

Currently, it seems to work after having removed the icon cache, as well as ~/.icons.

EDIT: looks like I was wrong. The problem is back today. In the meantime, installing applications have recreated the hicolor icon cache but even by deleting ~/.local/share/icons, I can't manage to make the applications indicators to display again.

Last edited by abelthorne (2021-05-19 06:33:15)

#3 2021-07-05 20:26:28

abelthorne

The problem seems to be fixed by disabling Ayatana Indicator Application from the startup apps.

#4 2021-07-18 21:44:36

chardmain

abelthorne wrote:

The problem seems to be fixed by disabling Ayatana Indicator Application from the startup apps.

Hi, thanks for the workaround, It works. I'll post an update if the issue back.

Board footer