Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-22 02:38:06

Skaperen

how to change color of window title bar for just one user

this is in Xubuntu 18.04.5 with XFCE 4.12.3 today.

i have 18 users i regularly use to some degree.  in all 18 users i long ago (in Ubuntu 14.04 with whatever XFCE installed at that time) set all 18 users to the same theme and adjusted the color setting that affects/includes the window title bar.  if i recall correctly, it also affected/included the thin border around windows.  a few months ago i noticed that one user's colors were a little different in the title bar.  once noticed, it now bugs me every time i switch to that user.  i want to get this color changed, soon.  i remember that i went through all the users (probably 14 users back then) one at a time getting everything to be the same.  i did everything through the GUI interface, as i recall.  i remember colors were set by entering numbers in color panels.  i had to use numbers to be sure there were no subtle differences.  but there is with this one user.  i cannot recall or find how i did this.  i did this about 5 or 6 years ago and have not changed any of it since then.  maybe the new versions are interpreting what was a subtle difference back then more radically today.

the exact number of users may be higher, like 20.  but the number that is different is exactly 1.

i cannot find the way to change the colors in the window title bars.  i think i have looked through every Whisker setting.  can someone help me find the way to set the color for this one user so it is the same as the other 17 users?

#2 2021-07-22 02:47:12

ToZ

Re: how to change color of window title bar for just one user

Is the Window Manager theme that you are using located in a system directory (/usr/share/themes) or in a user directory (~/.themes).

If the former, the only way that it would change is if you had some intermediate setting that was changing it. Do you have anything in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 for this problem user? Can you also post back the problem user's xsettings:

xfconf-query -c xsettings -lv

If the later, make sure that the files are the same in the theme's xfwm4 folder for the problem user as they are for the other users.

#3 2021-07-23 01:21:19

Skaperen

Re: how to change color of window title bar for just one user

here it is for user "sr":

/Gtk/ButtonImages               true
/Gtk/CanChangeAccels            false
/Gtk/ColorPalette               black:white:gray50:red:purple:blue:light blue:green:yellow:orange:lavender:brown:goldenrod4:dodger blue:pink:light green:gray10:gray30:gray75:gray90
/Gtk/CursorThemeName            Human
/Gtk/CursorThemeSize            24
/Gtk/DecorationLayout           menu:minimize,maximize,close
/Gtk/FontName                   DejaVu Sans 14
/Gtk/IconSizes                  gtk-button=16,16
/Gtk/KeyThemeName               
/Gtk/MenuBarAccel               F10
/Gtk/MenuImages                 true
/Gtk/MonospaceFontName          Monospace 10
/Gtk/ToolbarIconSize            3
/Gtk/ToolbarStyle               icons
/Net/CursorBlink                true