Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-22 12:56:39

thiago

[Thunar] Rename file by clicking on its name, just like in Windows

Hello, this is my first post here. I apologize if I make any mistakes.

In Microsoft Windows when you double-click on a file name you can quickly edit the name of the file without the need to right-click and look for the "rename" option or use some keyboard shortcut.

I used KDE Plasma for a while and noticed that the Dolphin file manager also has this function, which I liked a lot.

I really like Thunar and don't want to have to install another file manager, so I was wondering: Would there be any way for me to get this function in Thunar as well?

#2 2021-07-22 14:46:16

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [Thunar] Rename file by clicking on its name, just like in Windows

It doesn't appear so. Have a read through this bug report for some history and rationale. It may be better to engage the developer in the bug tracker about this if you wish to pursue it.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-07-23 01:43:58

Skaperen

XFCE and a few other DEs are designed to be lightweight.  that means there will be stuff "missing" compared to the big DEs.  but you probably already knew that and were just checking in case it might be in there somewhere.

#4 2021-07-25 01:51:03

thiago

Hmm.. I guess I will have to resign myself to being without this feature, or else install another file manager.

Board footer