Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-07 14:21:48

makem

Using Gigolo to connect with Raspberry Pi4

First, let me apologise if this is the wrong forum in which to post my question. This forum was pointed to by Gigolo.

I am using Gigolo 0.4.2 with an XFCE desktop on a Ubuntu desktop PC.

I have a remote Raspberry Pi4 which is used with 2 HD's for backup amongst other things via rsync. The Pi uses a LXDE desktop.

I have access to the Pi via Putty and a VNC connection but would like to use Gigolo.

I am getting the error sftp://192.168.2.73/ failed. Host key verification failed.

Can anyone point me along the right lines to fix this?

#2 2021-08-07 21:00:07

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Using Gigolo to connect with Raspberry Pi4

makem wrote:

I am getting the error sftp://192.168.2.73/ failed. Host key verification failed.

Did you set up key-based authentication? Looks like you have a stale key listed in ~/.ssh/known_hosts for your raspberry pi.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-08-08 12:14:05

makem

ToZ wrote:
makem wrote:

Did you set up key-based authentication? Looks like you have a stale key listed in ~/.ssh/known_hosts for your raspberry pi.

No, I did not. I have not needed to do it in the past and this install is new so no key?

I have no idea at the moment how to achieve that but will look into it.

#4 2021-08-08 16:18:29

ToZ
Administrator

Look at the ~/.ssh/known_hosts file and see if you have an entry there for the ip address of your raspberry pi.

Are you able to access the raspberry pi through thunar vi "sftp://xx.xx.xx.xx" (where xx.xx.xx.xx is the actual ip address of the raspberry pi)?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer