Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-15 13:30:49

Ciprian

Debian 11 Bullseye not having xfce default thematic

Hi! Today my dad told me that Debian 11 got released (that time on Debian 10 Buster i was having the xfce default themes), so i've updated my Debian 10 Buster to it. Now, i want to make his user with the xfce themes like before, but surprise, no longer xfce themes even with all the xfce packs installed. I've restarted my pc many times but still no luck. What should i do about it? Now for his user i use Arc-Theme, but the text is way too much whiter than needed and i don't think i can modify it. So, is there a solution to install the xfce default themes through the Xfce Terminal? Thanks in advice!

#2 2021-08-15 20:08:39

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Debian 11 Bullseye not having xfce default thematic

It's hard to tell what the issue is based on your description, but I'm willing to bet the theme issue is related to the fact the Debian 11 ships Xfce 4.16 which is GTK3 based (Debian 10 had Xfce 4.12 which is based on GTK2). The old Xfce themes won't work properly on the newer versions of Xfce. The best bet, is to search for an install GTK3-compliant themes.

With respect to the Arc theme, make sure you are running the latest version. Maybe also post a image of the issue - the Arc theme is pretty well maintained and should work well.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer