Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-28 08:49:33

Mirassaqua

Thunar: changed places and devices order since v 4.16

Hello.
Since the upgrade to version 4.16.x, the Devices section has gone below the Places one in the side panel.
Is there a way to configure Thunar to recover the previous order: Devices on top of Places?

Small another point: the bulk renammer is very efficient and I wonder if it is possible to use it even for single file renaming?

Thanks for help,
Steven

Last edited by Mirassaqua (2021-08-28 08:50:13)

#2 2021-08-28 11:26:19

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar: changed places and devices order since v 4.16

Mirassaqua wrote:

Since the upgrade to version 4.16.x, the Devices section has gone below the Places one in the side panel.
Is there a way to configure Thunar to recover the previous order: Devices on top of Places?

The change was made on purpose and is hard-coded. See here for background information.

Small another point: the bulk renammer is very efficient and I wonder if it is possible to use it even for single file renaming?

The bulk renamer is only triggered when 2 or more files are selected. You could create a custom action to run:

Thunar -B %f

...which would fire up the bulk renamer with the file selected (%f), but you would end up with two rename menu options (though you could call this one "Single file rename".

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-09-20 18:08:40

Mirassaqua

Re: Thunar: changed places and devices order since v 4.16

Thank you ToZ for your answer about Devices and Places and your trick for renamer. It works nice and I appreciate being able to replace characters automatically, even on a single file!

Board footer