Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-26 12:30:33

Tio

Would you join Matrix?

Would be easier for people to be able to contact you more directly, and Matrix is an open source protocol that allows you to do just that and create Spaces (communities). A lot of open source projects use Matrix. We provide a Matrix server too https://trom.tf/chat/ if you'd like to join us. It is part of our trom.tf suite of trade-free applications. https://www.trade-free.org/ for more info.

We have a custom Linux distribution TROMjaro (tromjaro.com) and we are working to switch from Gnome to XFCE. So far we love it and we are very eager to engage with you guys.

Anyways, I thought to ask if you'd like to have a Matrix channel where others can contact you more directly.

Thank you for your awesome work!

Last edited by Tio (2021-09-26 12:31:02)

#2 2022-01-10 01:23:55

MountainDewManiac

Re: Would you join Matrix?

I wouldn't, because your server appears to be located in Munich, Germany - but, by your choice of website address, you are telling people that it is located in the French Southern and Antarctic lands. I realize that this type of dishonesty is not terribly uncommon. However, "other people do it, too," has never been a valid excuse in my world.

Regards,
MDM

Mountain Dew Maniac

How to Ask for Help <=== Click on this link

#3 2022-01-10 10:26:03

Tio

Do you talk about the "tf" domain? TF means Trade-Free for us. Since our projects are trade-free. See trade-free.org. The domain extension is irrelevant. It is whatever you make out of it. This is one of the most silliest things I've heard for the past years, no offense. We have websites in .com but we are the exact opposite of "commercial". We are against it. But it just so happened we chose those domains many years ago and we had no clue what .com means, not are most people aware of these, or care about. Anyway....

#4 2022-01-10 10:50:31

KBar

And snapcraft's servers must be located in Indian Ocean? And tens of thousands of other websites have the same .io domain… I guess they all belong to some Indian business magnate.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#5 2022-01-18 20:05:18

Skaperen

you can put routed-to servers almost anywhere (North Korea might be rather difficult) then have any host name in any domain you can manage to acquire point at those server IP addresses.  there are a few Americans running sites in Russia that Uncle Vlad does not know about.

Board footer