Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-04 20:54:14

ChunkyMonkey

Panel Ordering - Not Alphabetical

Hi, the panel (which I've moved to the bottom of the screen) arranges the items by program name alphabetically. Is it possible to order the windows in the order that they were loaded in as that's how I prefer it? I've had a search in the system & on here & searched the web but not found the answer yet. smile

Thanks.

Edit: it is a bit peculiar how it organises windows by program names, but some program names don't appear on the program themselves, e.g. 'Thunar' doesn't appear anywhere on the Thunar window... unless I've disabled it during my tinkering... big_smile  Some users may not even know it is called Thunar, at least I launch it via 'File Manager' so I'd no idea that's what I was using for a while or why it was coming after programs that began with the letter F.

Last edited by ChunkyMonkey (2021-10-04 21:04:21)

#2 2021-10-04 21:52:42

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Panel Ordering - Not Alphabetical

ChunkyMonkey wrote:

Is it possible to order the windows in the order that they were loaded in as that's how I prefer it?

If you go to the Window Buttons properties, there is a setting there for "Sorting Order". Here you can select various options including Timestamp - which would be the order they are started. Note that grouping of applications are always sorted first, regardless of timestamp.

Edit: it is a bit peculiar how it organises windows by program names, but some program names don't appear on the program themselves, e.g. 'Thunar' doesn't appear anywhere on the Thunar window... unless I've disabled it during my tinkering... big_smile  Some users may not even know it is called Thunar, at least I launch it via 'File Manager' so I'd no idea that's what I was using for a while or why it was coming after programs that began with the letter F.

I believe it sorts by "class name".

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-10-04 22:55:58

ChunkyMonkey

Re: Panel Ordering - Not Alphabetical

Thank you, I was in there yesterday to disable grouping but didn't spot that. Thanks again!

smile

Board footer