Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-05 07:51:49

veek

How do I make the decorations for a window in focus a lot more bright?

Using 4.12 on Debian.  screenshot of dull decorations How do I brighten the Window decorations of the window in focus? Currently I can't tell the difference since they look visually quite similar.

[also, would it be possible to cycle windows under the mouse pointer using a movable z-index rather than cycling all windows on the desktop]

#2 2021-10-06 01:21:55

ToZ
Administrator

Re: How do I make the decorations for a window in focus a lot more bright?

Hello and welcome.

The easiest way is to find and use another theme that better suits your needs. Since you are using an older version of GTK2, you'll have better compatibility with a wider variety of themes. xfce4-look has a number of themes to choose from, just make sure you get one that supports both gtk2 and gtk3 and contains an xfwm4 theme as well. The greybird theme is a good standard grey theme and can be found in the debian repositories.

The harder way is to either tweak the existing or create a new xfwm4 theme to match the GTK (appearance) theme you are using. Info on theming xfwm4 can be found here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer