Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-07 22:28:12

espas

Some GTK apps not using custom Xfwm theme

I've been using a custom Xfwm theme which is basically a recolour of 2bxfwm theme from Adhi and while most apps are using the theme some GTK apps are not. I noticed that most of the apps that are not using the theme seem to be GNOME apps, but some like Blanket and About Xfce are not using it either. Is there a way to fix it? I saw someone using a custom Xfwm theme and I know that he got About Xfce to use the theme so maybe there is a way to manually get this to work properly?

#2 2021-10-07 23:27:18

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Some GTK apps not using custom Xfwm theme

If you are using Xfce 4.16, then those are Client Side Decorations (CSD) and they are not drawn by the window manager but rather the application itself. The GTK theme would need to account for theming them.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-10-08 00:05:41

espas

ToZ wrote:

If you are using Xfce 4.16, then those are Client Side Decorations (CSD) and they are not drawn by the window manager but rather the application itself. The GTK theme would need to account for theming them.

I'm using Xfce 4.16. Is there a way to make them follow the Xfwm theme?

#4 2021-10-08 00:51:58

ToZ
Administrator

You can use a theme that supports both CSD and SSD windows, or you can use something like gtk3-nocsd that removes all GTK3 CSDs or libxfce4ui-nocsd that removes CSD from Xfce components only.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2021-10-08 01:09:21

espas

ToZ wrote:

You can use a theme that supports both CSD and SSD windows, or you can use something like gtk3-nocsd that removes all GTK3 CSDs or libxfce4ui-nocsd that removes CSD from Xfce components only.

Thanks.

Btw, I just noticed that I created this topic in the wrong section of the forum. It was supposed to be in Support > Desktop.

#6 2021-10-08 02:33:12

ToZ
Administrator

I've moved the topic.

Board footer