Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-20 17:09:07

MrRenegade

xfce4-screenshooter - Local System tmp Redirecton please?

Hey all,

So I have a small Workflow request that would be great as an option for at least me and I know a few of my co-workers would love this as well.

In the application xfce4-screenshooter after you have a screenshot taken it gives you the options of what you want to do with it.   For my work flows and when i'm working on servers and taking several screenshots back to back I use the "Open with:" command to Image Viewer.  Which works great.

The request I have is to have an option to change were the default location for the "Open with:" saves the files to.  Such as instead of the a local temp directory but a local directory under our user profile or even a network directory.  One could suggest to use the Save option but after saving it doesn't open the screenshot.  I would even be happy with an extra option that says "Save and Open with:"  so that I can pick were the save location is and still open the screenshot with my editor / viewer of choice.

Or a config line I can add to the xfce4-screenshooter config file under .config / xfce4   so I can redirect the file location from the system temp to something else I would be happy with that as well. 

Reason why I ask for this is because the amount of screenshots I'm taking when dealing with connecting into 1,000s of servers performing audits, it tends to be a bit too much for the local temp directory and I end up losing some.  It would be really great if I could just change the file location this information is written to so I don't lose any screenshots I've taken.

Yes, I could just use the Save option however, it slows my workflow down quite a bit and when performing these Audits I like to be as quick and efficient as I can be.

Thanks for reading,

~Ren

#2 2021-10-20 23:28:24

ToZ
Administrator

Re: xfce4-screenshooter - Local System tmp Redirecton please?

Hello and welcome.

MrRenegade wrote:

Hey all,

The request I have is to have an option to change were the default location for the "Open with:" saves the files to.  Such as instead of the a local temp directory but a local directory under our user profile or even a network directory.

Unfortunately, it is hard-coded to use the /tmp dir - and it looks like a bug/enhancement request already exists: https://gitlab.xfce.org/apps/xfce4-scre … -/issues/2.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer