Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-10-21 02:56:31

cmat30

Hello XFCE-Community

Hello everyone.

I am new to Linux. I started using Linux 8 months ago with the Linux Lite distro which comes with Xfce by default. I met Linux thanks to a basic Linux course at the University, I am a student of systems engineering, and I loved this operating system for how much you learn and for its philosophy of free knowledge.

I know this is the presentation forum but I want to take this opportunity to ask how can I achieve this?

buttons on windows frame

#2 2021-10-21 06:34:26

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Hello XFCE-Community

Hello and welcome.

Can you explain exactly what it is you are trying to achieve? Colours? Layout? Programs?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2021-10-21 14:42:47

cmat30

I want the layout. I want to put search bar, short options, back...etc with the options of windows, close, open, minimize.

now I have it like this:

windows-bar

#4 2021-10-21 15:53:13

ToZ
Administrator

That would be something that the file manager application would provide. The second image looks like it's Thunar - Xfce's file manager. It does not currently provide headerbar functionality. Your first image is from another file manager - maybe nautilus or nemo. Try installing one of those file managers if you want that functionality.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer