Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-17 16:11:02

xfcenk

Hello

I live in Thanya Buri, Pathum Thani, THAILAND.
I had ever used Fedora for over 3 years on my notebook, HP 14-ck0023TU with an external monitor, SAMSUNG S24F350FHE.
Last month I have bought a new ultrawide monitor, LG 29WK600-W to replace SAMSUNG monitor.
And there was crash in Fedora 34, notebook screen and LG 29WK600-W were blank and black after screen lock but keyboard was active.
The only one way that I could do then is switch off the notebook.
I tried distros base on Arch, Manjaro and Endeavor, the result was the same as Fedora.
On the other hand, all distros based on Ubuntu can wake up after screen lock.
I myself love bottom panel which comes by default, Linux Mint is the one I selected.
But I found that there are a few points that Fedora can do faster than Linux Mint.
Now I am trying Xubuntu for even though my notebook has 8 GB RAM but I need speed as Fedora can do.
That's why I am trying Xubuntu.

I hope XFCE(Xubuntu) can do better like Manjaro also raises XFCE as its no.1 DE.

Last edited by xfcenk (2021-11-17 16:17:39)

#2 2021-11-17 16:35:35

KBar

Re: Hello

Hi.

Any LTS release of Xubuntu is supposed to work right off the box. Regarding its "speed": it's lightning fast. Programs launch almost instantenously, rarely freeze or become unresponsive and nothing is intrusive. I could go on and on but you should really experience it yourself. You may also wish to check this video on YouTube that talks about Xfce's "blazingly fast" default apps.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2021-11-18 03:16:44

xfcenk

Finally, I have found that, in a module in my project, Linux Mint took 25 seconds, Ubuntu Budgie took 4 seconds and Xubuntu took only 2 seconds cool.
I myself really love bottom panel which comes by default and Redmond is the answer for me and it is really awesome.
There are more 2 things that I have to do are, making a duplicated panel to display on the external monitor, finding how to set the sound to the speaker on the external monitor.

#4 2021-11-18 09:53:02

KBar

For your first problem, I believe you're going to have to clone your panels one by one.
For your second problem, try this: https://askubuntu.com/a/108882/1044722

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#5 2021-11-24 07:06:53

xfcenk

Now panels of primary and external display are awesome as needed.
0OgKwiu.png
And the speaker on the external monitor is active now.
K4BTWPZ.png
Thank you.

Last edited by xfcenk (2021-11-24 07:07:57)

Board footer