Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-07-03 21:50:08

rogue_ronin

status tray plugin

I've been using radiotray-ng for years, great simple tray utility to listen to internet radio streams.

Recently the ability to roll the mouse wheel to adjust volume has stopped working. Speaking with the developer, he indicated that changes in Xfce's app indicators is the source of the problem.

Could anyone explain, and could anyone suggest a workaround?

On a more plaintive note, why do people remove functionality and call it design? It's really quite authoritiarian. I suspect this has to do with Gnome developers, it always does.

#2 2021-07-03 22:36:25

ToZ

Re: status tray plugin

Hmm. I just installed radiotray-ng (0.2.7-1) and scrolling on the tray icon adjusts the volume for me. Status tray plugin as well.

#3 2021-11-23 22:01:12

fondfire

Re: status tray plugin

Go to the Panel Preferences, select the Status Tray Plugin, click the gear-wheel icon to configure it, and uncheck "Menu is primary action" which is under "Features" on my config dialogue box.

I haven't really enjoyed the Status Tray Plugin so far, at least in Xubuntu. I find it's buggy and doesn't display "systray" icons and indicators as reliably as the old separate panel apps did. I have serious grief with KDocker stuff, with the the Clementine systray icon, and sometimes even with the NetworkManager or Blueman indicators, which are pretty fundamental. It's bad enough that I'm contemplating MATE…

Board footer