Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-11 14:42:33

almahdi

Thunar file manager missed left side pane

How come the thunar file manager missed left side pane ?

How to repair it back to default having left side pane ?

Please Help!

#2 2021-08-11 16:03:13

PaperNick

Re: Thunar file manager missed left side pane

Hi, it's possible that you pressed Ctrl+B and that hid the left side pane.
Try pressing Ctrl+B and it should reappear.

If this doesn't work, try setting it using the toolbar - View -> Side Pane -> Shortcuts

#3 2021-12-01 15:11:28

franckyvee

PaperNick, you're an FN hero.

I'm going to say, I don't think these kind of shortcuts by defaults are a great choice (in a UI in general). Shortcuts that change the way an application look without obvious signs of what happened aren't great. I would tend to think that most people who care enough about that to make it a shortcut will look into how to make it happen; on the other hand, a single clumsy typo can mess up your display without any sign of why it happened, nor how to fix it.

Just my 2cents on the ui design.... But well thanks!

#4 2021-12-09 18:07:31

deanr

franckyvee wrote:

PaperNick, you're an FN hero.

I'm going to say, I don't think these kind of shortcuts by defaults are a great choice (in a UI in general). Shortcuts that change the way an application look without obvious signs of what happened aren't great. I would tend to think that most people who care enough about that to make it a shortcut will look into how to make it happen; on the other hand, a single clumsy typo can mess up your display without any sign of why it happened, nor how to fix it.

Just my 2cents on the ui design.... But well thanks!

If you click on 'view' in the menu bar you can see the shortcuts. Same for the other categories too, for future reference :-)

Board footer