Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-02 16:37:27

Genki Feral

Hello from Texas, USA

Been using XFCE for 2 years now (Debian) on two PCs.  Want to learn more details to make it more useful for me. 
I also want to try just xfwm.  I did install xfwm, but added so much xfce stuff to it that it is almost as heavy as XFCE now.
Am playing around with a few versions of minimal install - netinstall, standard .iso, free, nonfree, etc. to see the minor differences and realize it'd be easier to just ask around.
So far, 'free' XFCE from a live usb has given me the best results as far as easy and, though I do have an error message about network interface, I do have WiFi without adding firmware. Everything works.
Next step is to again try netinstall or stand .iso, but to install a tarball or .deb of xfce or xfwm and also gnome-network-manager and applet.  i am hoping to not need to move my PC again to hook it up to an ethernet cord.

#2 2022-01-02 17:31:42

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Hello from Texas, USA

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-01-05 15:26:15

cyberghost

Re: Hello from Texas, USA

Howdy neighbor! I'm in East Texas! Welcome to the forum! Maybe share your system info so we can help you better. But that should be made in a separate post/thread in the general questions section. Best of luck to you!

Last edited by cyberghost (2022-01-05 15:36:26)

MX 21.3 Wildflower
Xfce 4.18

Board footer