Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-03 05:22:38

cog

XFWM Geometry Dialog Enable/Disable ?

Recently installed fedora with xfce and am having a strange issue where everytime I resize or move a window it shows a geometry dialog in the center.  Reminds me a lot of fvwm.  Have never seen this on Ubuntu, Gentoo, Debian, Arch or anywhere else till now.  Is there a setting I can toggle this off with?

#2 2022-01-03 10:19:31

KBar

Re: XFWM Geometry Dialog Enable/Disable ?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I'm having a hard time visualizing and understanding. Could you capture that into a screenshot? Launch the Screenshot app and set a comfortable delay. After successfully capturing it, you'll have an option to upload it directly to Imgur.

Thanks.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-01-06 00:11:21

cog

@KBar

Here's a screenshot.  Couldn't find any gui check boxes to toggle it, maybe it can be done via xfconf-query/xsettings?

NjrDDWKt.png

#4 2022-01-06 05:22:57

KBar

Version of Fedora and Xfce?

xfce4-about --version; xfwm4 --version

Also, what do the following commands output?

echo $DESKTOP_SESSION; echo $XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP
xfconf-query --channel xfce4-session --property /sessions/Failsafe/Client0_Command
xfconf-query --channel xfce4-session --property /sessions/Failsafe/Client1_Command
xfconf-query --channel xfce4-session --property /sessions/Failsafe/Client2_Command
xfconf-query --channel xfce4-session --property /sessions/Failsafe/Client3_Command
xfconf-query --channel xfce4-session --property /sessions/Failsafe/Client4_Command

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

Board footer