Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-06 13:53:46

jjge

I have tried MATE and it is no good.. Can I try xfce?

Can I just start xfce, or is the old installation then in the way?

#2 2022-01-06 14:35:12

KBar

Re: I have tried MATE and it is no good.. Can I try xfce?

Yes, you can! So long you got all of its dependencies installed (there aren't many like in GNOME), you should be able to start an Xfce session.

Hopefully, you like it and stick with it.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-01-06 15:15:29

jjge

Re: I have tried MATE and it is no good.. Can I try xfce?

Well, I did a full installation of Cinnamon, no problems there. And then I tried installing some applets that looked interesting-- no error messages, but no effect either...
Next boot I saw a message telling me thre were "some" applets that did not work No info which applets. I couild get one applet running, and the rest remains in limbo. No error info offered, just a hint to look at Cinnamon Looking Glass, but no indication, where I should find that...
And in general, int seems designed to frustrate any form of capturing for troubleshooting. I have about half a century of experience with computers, but this is about the most user-unfriendly environment I have ever seen...

Board footer