Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-02-06 11:31:23

Andiru

[SOLVED] No preview in window cycling when installing xfwm from source

Hello everyone,

I recently wanted to apply a few patches to xfwm4, so I cloned it from git and followed the instructions to install it from source.

After the installation the window preview when cycling through windows with Alt+Tab disappeared:
Screenshot-2022-02-05-21-57-21.png
I first assumed it could be due to the patch I applied, however even after uninstalling xfwm4 and reinstalling it without the patch the problem still persisted.

When installing xfwm4 from the package manager everything works fine, it only seems to happen when I install from source.

Do I maybe need to set extra compile options? I'm a newbie when it comes to compiling or installing from source, so help is appreciated!

Last edited by Andiru (2022-02-06 19:43:50)

#2 2022-02-06 12:04:14

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] No preview in window cycling when installing xfwm from source

Endeavour, correct?

Here is the Arch PKGBUILD file - note the compile options being used in the build function.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-02-06 19:41:29

Andiru

Re: [SOLVED] No preview in window cycling when installing xfwm from source

It seems to have be even more simple than I thought.
It was a stupid misunderstanding from my site on what exactly I'm compiling. I meant to install the newest release (4.16.1), but I never checked out the correct version level from git.
When I looked at the PKGBUILD file I saw that they use a 4.16.1 .tar file, so I checked what I was compiling and realized my mistake. I also added the compile options they used (even though it seemed to have worked without them).

Board footer