Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-29 22:18:33

mahdi

Unnecessary annoying beeps

Firstly why xfce use PC beeper even if a speaker is connected to sound card?
Secondly, Why beep for log out menu?
Thirdly, Provide an GUI for disabling it.

Last edited by mahdi (2022-02-02 20:08:18)

#2 2022-02-02 01:14:00

Skaperen

Re: Unnecessary annoying beeps

i am unable to get any beeps.  i want a beep when there is a number 7 character output to the virtual terminal.  but i don't even know if i am getting those characters out, such as when i backspace too far.  i should make a little Python script to output one.  the, if it is still quiet, look closer at my xfce4-terminal configuration.  but this has not been important enough for me to commit the time on it.  maybe your configuration will be the instant answer i've been hoping for.  could you show it?

my audio is Pulse Audio in system mode.  it plays music and video sound just fine although some web pages generate noise.

#3 2022-04-19 16:21:12

KitchM

I agree that the logout beep is annoying and unnecessary.  That sound was not in 4.12, but is now on in 4.16 on Debian 11.  There must be a place to edit out that beep in the xfce settings for that menu item.  Anyone know where that is?

#4 2022-04-22 13:56:35

KBar

There is a Settings tab in the Appearance app. You can disable all system event sounds by unchecking the box. Maybe try that?

Perhaps not the most obvious and appropriate placement of the toggle and not the most convenient one (who knows? maybe user wants some of the sounds).

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

Board footer