Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-04-30 07:09:18

Asperous

Stop mouse cursor from automatically moving to dialog box

Is there a way to stop the mouse cursor from automatically moving to newly opened dialog boxes? I'm sure most folks find it very convenient but for me it is more of an annoyance.

I do not see any way to turn off this feature. Please help.

Cheers,

#2 2022-05-03 19:21:53

Asperous

Re: Stop mouse cursor from automatically moving to dialog box

Should I take it from the lack of response that there is no way to stop the cursor from 'helping' me?

#3 2022-05-03 23:38:54

ToZ
Administrator

There is nothing in Xfce that would do this. There are options to open a new window under the mouse cursor, but not one that would move the mouse cursor to a window. Do have you some other software/solution/script installed that is doing this? Maybe something that is using xdotool or wmctrl?

Just to be on the safe side, can we have a look at your window manager settings?

xfconf-query -c xfwm4 -lv

Also, which distro and what version of Xfce are you running?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2022-05-05 17:20:52

Asperous

Hi ToZ,

The xfconf-query command returned no obvious parameter that tells me "put the mouse cursor somewhere". I assumed that it was xfce4 causing the cursor action because we were previously using KDE and did not see this behavior.

xfce4-about command not found. Not sure how else to determine the version. BTW: This is a work computer that does not allow me administrative privileges.

#5 2022-05-05 17:34:22

KBar

Hi.

Can you share the output as requested and let us examine?

Also, please share the output of the following commands:

xfce4-about --version

If this doesn't work, try:

dpkg -l libxfce4ui-utils

And of course:

cat /etc/os-release

Thanks.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

Board footer