Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-09 06:51:39

Ahjit

Thunar "Open terminal Here" shortcut missing.

Open terminal here is missing in right click menu, and there is no "Configure custom actions", anyone know the reason? my thunar version is 4.17.8 running on gentoo.

#2 2022-05-09 16:35:33

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar "Open terminal Here" shortcut missing.

What do the build logs look like? Were the thunar-uca libraries successfully built and installed?

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-05-10 13:01:44

Ahjit

ToZ wrote:

What do the build logs look like? Were the thunar-uca libraries successfully built and installed?

I think it's built successfully without any errors, i have 2 gentoo machines, both machines are missing "open terminal here" shortcut in right click menu, and one machine have a "open terminal here" shortcut on the right side of address bar. How can i verify if thunar-uca libraries is installed in my machine, ldd thunar and check output?

#4 2022-05-10 17:52:20

ToZ
Administrator

Ahjit wrote:

i have 2 gentoo machines, both machines are missing "open terminal here" shortcut in right click menu, and one machine have a "open terminal here" shortcut on the right side of address bar.

For the latter, it was a recent enhancement to allow custom actions to appear in the toolbar. Toolbar configuration is now available via the View menu.

How can i verify if thunar-uca libraries is installed in my machine, ldd thunar and check output?

Look for a thunar-uca.so file. You should also have a "Configure Custom Actions" menu entry in the Edit menu.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find

#5 2022-05-10 19:15:46

KBar

Ahjit wrote:

How can i verify if thunar-uca libraries is installed in my machine, ldd thunar and check output?

locate thunar-uca.so

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#6 2022-05-11 05:04:42

Ahjit

ToZ wrote:
Ahjit wrote:

i have 2 gentoo machines, both machines are missing "open terminal here" shortcut in right click menu, and one machine have a "open terminal here" shortcut on the right side of address bar.

For the latter, it was a recent enhancement to allow custom actions to appear in the toolbar. Toolbar configuration is now available via the View menu.

Look for a thunar-uca.so file. You should also have a "Configure Custom Actions" menu entry in the Edit menu.

I have thunar-uca.so file in /usr/lib64/thunarx-3/thunar-uca.so, it's maybe a bug, i set my desktop environment locale to simplified chinese, then i found that shortcut just disappeared some day, but "open terminal here" shortcut appeared again after i switch my desktop environment to english, and then switch back to simplified chinese, it's still there, so weird.

#7 2022-05-11 06:23:55

Ahjit

ToZ wrote:
Ahjit wrote:

Now i figured it out, the "open terminal here" shortcut will disappear if i plug in my usb hard dirver.

#8 2022-07-27 18:57:25

k3dAR

Hi, i have same/similar problem too...

- using Xubuntu 20.04 + XubuntuDev PPA's
- installed Thunar 4.17.8-1~bpo20.04
- System/Thunar in Czech locale

Missed:
- Open terminal here in right click menu
- Open terminal here on Toolbar
- item Edit/ConfigureCustomAction
- also all my defined custom actions
- also all my added icons to toolbar

But as i try found bug report/workaround, find this thread and try:

LANG=C thunar
=> all Missed is back
kill thunar and rerun in my default Czech locale
=> all Missed is still here

as Ahjit wrote that disappeared after connecting USB-HDD, for me not, all missed before is still here...

Then i think is some bug in config migration with non-english locale

#9 2022-07-27 19:39:05

ToZ
Administrator

Welcome to the forum, k3dAR.

If I set my locale to cs_CZ.UTF-8 and re-login, I see everything in a different language but the terminal in the toolbar and right-click are present and still work. I'm wondering if this is an issue with the XubuntuDEV PPA.

How are you setting the Czech locale? What do the following commands return:

locale
localectl
localedef --list-archive
localectl list-locales

#10 2022-07-27 22:53:30

k3dAR

Thanks for the welcome :-)

So... i try reproduce and found that problem is NOT with Czech locale and NOT fixed by "LANG=C thunar" :-)
To my "missed" list as i write before, next: "BulkRenamer don't work" (Error message: No renamer modules were found on your system)

Create clean user profile, set to English/US (locale output is all set to en_US.UTF-8)

Problem is when running Thunar as daemon, steps to reproduce:
1. after login run Thunar = ok (also when keep it opened and open next Thunar window)
2. close Thunar window(s)
3. open Thunar and all is missed
4. kill process "Thunar --daemon"
5. open Thunar = OK
6. close Thunar (now Thunar as daemon not run)
7. reopen Thunar = OK
8. close/open several times Thunar = OK
9. logout/login and ... goto 1.

#11 2022-07-27 23:30:39

ToZ
Administrator

Try clearing your sessions cache. While not logged in, delete the contents of the ~/.cache/sessions folder. Then log back in again and see if its fixed.

If not, perhaps you can share some log files like ~/.xsession-errors.

#12 2022-07-28 22:13:29

k3dAR

so... i doing many tests in virtuals with Xubuntu 20.04, 22.04 with Thunar from XubuntuDev PPA (4.17.8 on 20.04, 4.17.9 on 22.04) and compiled from source (4.17.8 on 20.04)...

at end i found my problem is exactly #755, fixed in 4.17.9 "Refactor thunarx module loading (Issue #755)" via commit

then i try apply this commit on 4.17.8 source, compiled on 20.04 and problem is gone...

#13 2022-07-28 23:24:36

ToZ
Administrator

Nice catch. Thanks for sharing the answer.

Board footer