Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-26 20:36:55

wrh1728

xfce4-terminal and clusterssh

clusterssh (see https://github.com/duncs/clusterssh) is a very nice tool that allows one to spawn terminal emulators connected to different systems, with the peculiarity that anything typed into the clusterssh console will automatically be sent to each of the terminal emulators - a great tool when one has to execute the same commands by hand on a set of systems.

The thing is, clusterssh seems to be tied to the xterm terminal emulator, or any other emulators that follow closely what xterm does. I had a go at twisting clusterssh's arm into using xfce4-terminal instead, and failed miserably - it would seem that there are too many differences between xterm and xfce4-terminal to pull this off easily.

What I am wondering is whether it can be pulled off at all? Hence my question to this forum: any xfce4-terminal users out there have had a go at doing this? Based on what I have seen, my feeling is that somebody who knows the ins and outs of xfce4-terminal well enough ought to be able to shed some light on whether this is a realistic undertaking - my guess is that it is not, but I don't really know all that much about xfce4-terminal (or any other terminal emulator, at that) to assess this.

Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Board footer