Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-28 00:00:56

Skaperen

Incomplete Language Support <-- that popup message

i did a full fresh install of Xubuntu 20.04 LTS focal fossa (instead of 22.04 LTS jammy jellyfish because i don't have good bandwidth right now and it would take too long to download it from scratch right now).  i am gradually getting my non-famous configuration changes made.  i did have the ILS popup fixed in 18.04 but i forgot how that was fixed.  and now i need to fix it, again.  nothing relevant is found in a search.  trying that button "Run this action now" does not get rid of the popup.  anyone want to let me in on how to fix this?  a comment in stack exchange seemed to think this is Xubuntu specific.

#2 2022-05-28 00:33:19

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Incomplete Language Support <-- that popup message

https://askubuntu.com/questions/824437/ … mmand-line

Seems to suggest you can run:

sudo apt install $(check-language-support)

...to install the missing language support files.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-05-28 03:48:23

KBar

Open Language Support and install missing packages from there.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#4 2022-05-28 04:22:49

Skaperen

@ToZ: check-language-support produces an empty output.  that suggests to me that all the needed packages are installed and the code that checks for this (no idea if it uses check-language-support or not) is defective.  this is the same issue i had when i installed 18.04 and 16.04.  i would like to know what is checking this and see if it can be fixed.

@KBar: no packages are missing.

@All: one thing i noticed is that check-language-support outputs an empty line (e.g. one newline character).  maybe this is not tested for and the code that puts up the notice is "seeing" a needed package named like a null string.  the first thing i might try is to replace check-language-support with a script that runs it filtered to remove empty lines.

Last edited by Skaperen (2022-05-28 04:24:55)

#5 2022-05-28 04:28:15

Skaperen

check-language-support is a Python3 script.  should be easy to "fix" it to output no empty lines.

#6 2022-05-29 01:22:12

Skaperen

the problem "went away".  i did not make any changes.  i don't have any idea what i might have done to cause this?  i did install a boatload of packages but nothing for language support.  i do need to install my secondary language files next.  i was holding them off to get this fixed first.

Board footer