Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-20 14:06:38

akovia

Edit Thunar Shortcuts

I suppose this is a feature request unless I'm missing some way to do this.

I have network shortcuts to different resources and sometimes the IP changes and I end up having to recreate the shortcut, and add the credentials all over.

ie.. smb:192.168.1.85

I couldn't find the file where these credentials and shortcut addresses are stored, so I had to recreate from scratch which is a pain. Is there a reason why you can't be taken back to the original auth screen to edit the credentials and possibly add a way to edit the shortcut path as well?

Thanks!

thunar-smb.jpg

Arch Linux

#2 2022-06-20 14:23:01

KBar

Re: Edit Thunar Shortcuts

I assume you're talking about the left pane?

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-06-20 15:54:41

akovia

KBar wrote:

I assume you're talking about the left pane?

Yes, sorry for not being clearer.

Arch Linux

#4 2022-06-20 17:52:15

KBar

A quick look at the source suggests that you cannot really automate this process. You right-click on an item, select Create Shortcut and that's it. Thunar can't keep track of it and update it for you.

Shortcuts themselves also don't seem to be exposed to Xfconf but maybe there is a hidden setting (ah, those pesky hidden settings!) for it, though I doubt there is one.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#5 2022-06-20 18:33:26

akovia

Thanks for verifying what I assumed. I didn't think I was missing anything but wanted to be sure.

Would certainly make Thunar more user friendly if you could at a minimum edit that IP/path of the shortcut. Then you wouldn't need to deal with auth stuff which I know can get complicated. Just the path should be something you should be able to tweak on the fly without having to start from scratch.

Cheers!

Arch Linux

#6 2022-06-20 20:45:41

ToZ
Administrator

If I’m understanding correctly, The left pane bookmarks are saved to ~/.config/gtk-3.0/bookmarks. This file can be edited and the changes will appear automatically. Won’t solve the credentials issue for you if you change IPS though.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#7 2022-06-20 21:24:03

akovia

*guh*

That works.
Thanks!

Arch Linux

Board footer