Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-23 14:55:50

archeboom

[SOLVED] tray icon

hi all, where is the skype tray icon file?? the icon infuriates) I'll draw it myself but I need to replace it)) tell me in which directory it is located pliz...
FluxBB bbcode test

Last edited by archeboom (2022-07-08 06:42:49)

#2 2022-06-23 15:09:22

KBar

Re: [SOLVED] tray icon

Hi.

That depends where you got it and on your current icon theme. Is it a Flatpak, AppImage, Snap, or regular a .deb package?

System-wide icons are located in /usr/share/icons.

xfconf-query --channel xsettings --property /Net/IconThemeName

will output the name of your current icon theme. The icons from its set will reside in its subdirectory, i.e. /usr/share/icons/YOUR_ICON_THEME.

Containerized software distribution platforms (Snap Store, Flatpak) ship icons separately, I believe.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-07-07 19:31:05

archeboom

KBar wrote:

Hi.

That depends where you got it and on your current icon theme. Is it a Flatpak, AppImage, Snap, or regular a .deb package?

System-wide icons are located in /usr/share/icons.

xfconf-query --channel xsettings --property /Net/IconThemeName

will output the name of your current icon theme. The icons from its set will reside in its subdirectory, i.e. /usr/share/icons/YOUR_ICON_THEME.

Containerized software distribution platforms (Snap Store, Flatpak) ship icons separately, I believe.

hi, this is archlinux, icon theme "Tela black"
but he is not in:

➜  /tmp xfconf-query --channel xsettings --property /Net/IconThemeName
Tela-black 
➜  /tmp ls -la /usr/share/icons        
total 0
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  126 Jun 22 16:22 .
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 3818 Jul  1 14:30 ..
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  222 Mar 18 01:31 Adwaita
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  266 Jun 22 16:23 breeze
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  276 Jun 22 16:23 breeze-dark
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root   22 Mar 18 01:31 default
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  306 Jul  5 09:19 hicolor
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root  134 Jun  3 00:06 HighContrast
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root   20 Mar 18 01:17 locolor
drwxr-xr-x 1 root root   62 Jun 22 16:23 oxygen

icon theme download this link: https://www.xfce-look.org/s/XFCE/p/1279924

Last edited by archeboom (2022-07-07 19:34:10)

#4 2022-07-08 06:23:25

KBar

This icon theme doesn't use green-colored icons for Skype, which suggests that you might have Skype installed as a snap. Since you didn't tell us that (or maybe you don't know), try checking the /snap/skype/current directory first. This is where Skype snap resides. It will look like your root directory with lib, usr and a bunch of other subdirectories in it. The icons are stored in usr/share/skype/icons. A simple search, like so:

find /snap/skype/current -name '*.png'

should produce the list of found icons that is shipped with this snap package. Another one:

find /snap/skype/current -name '*.png' -exec ristretto {} +

will open them in Ristretto Image Viewer for closer inspection. You may replace the command to execute to your favorite image viewer, if you like.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#5 2022-07-08 06:42:03

archeboom

KBar wrote:

This icon theme doesn't use green-colored icons for Skype, which suggests that you might have Skype installed as a snap. Since you didn't tell us that (or maybe you don't know), try checking the /snap/skype/current directory first. This is where Skype snap resides. It will look like your root directory with lib, usr and a bunch of other subdirectories in it. The icons are stored in usr/share/skype/icons. A simple search, like so:

find /snap/skype/current -name '*.png'

should produce the list of found icons that is shipped with this snap package. Another one:

find /snap/skype/current -name '*.png' -exec ristretto {} +

will open them in Ristretto Image Viewer for closer inspection. You may replace the command to execute to your favorite image viewer, if you like.

this is AUR package
yeah thank you, im find icons in

/usr/share/skypeforlinux/

folder.

Board footer