Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-26 19:09:36

thierry95

Dracula theme problem

Hello everyone. I installed the gtk Dracula theme, but when I go to apply it, the borders of the windows and clickable tabs disappear. As you can see in the screenshot, the options are all stuck to each other. How can I fix it?
https://ibb.co/HTnPBSR/

#2 2022-06-26 19:18:00

KBar

Re: Dracula theme problem

Hi and welcome.

EDIT:
You also need to select this in the Window Manager app for it to affect Xfwm4 SSD (server-side decorations). This should fix it.

That means:
- either the styling of those elements isn't shipped with the theme (unlikely);
- or you did not build it correctly;

We'd like to know your Xfce version and some other info:

xfce4-about --version # Xfce version
xfconf-query --channel xsettings --property /NetThemeName # run this after selecting that theme
ls -l /usr/share/themes # was the theme installed correctly?

Last edited by KBar (2022-06-26 19:26:22)

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-06-26 19:50:45

thierry95

xfce4-about 4.16.1 (Xfce 4.16)
xfconf-query --channel xsettings --property /Netgtk-master    terminal tells me there is no ¨/Netgtk-master, gtk-master is the name of the theme
ls -l /usr/share/themes    The theme does not show up in the list, I created the theme folder in the home directory and placed it inside that folder

#4 2022-06-27 05:27:20

KBar

Please, consider using code tags. It significantly improves intelligibility.

terminal tells me there is no ¨/Netgtk-master, gtk-master is the name of the theme

I see. Sorry for the confusion. You need to run the second command as is. Just copy and paste verbatim, as in:

xfconf-query --channel xsettings --property /Net/ThemeName

Do not change anything.

Next, list the contents of ~/.themes. Again, in code tags.

Finally, you also need to select the theme in Window Manager:
xfwm4-settings-style.png

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#5 2022-06-27 06:21:26

StJimmy

It seems that the GTK theme is not compatible with the GTK version your system uses - the "symptoms" match up well enough, e.g. the "broken" tabs.
See if you can find which GTK versions the theme supports (likely findable on its homepage/repository), and which you actually have installed (query your package manager for that information).

GTK is sadly somewhat finnicky regarding theme compatibility between versions, sadly, so themes working for version N will not necessarily work properly on versions (N+1) or (N-1).

Nanos gigantum humeris insidentes.

Board footer