Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-27 08:34:18

larsen

Uninstall all Accessibility settings

Hello!
Applications -> Settings -> Accessibility
I'm not using the Accessibility settings and it shows random messages about "Sticky Keys" on different occasions.
I want to completely uninstall all Accessibility settings.
Is it possible and will it break the system?
Debian 11

#2 2022-06-27 09:55:33

KBar

Re: Uninstall all Accessibility settings

You can't really do that as it's part of xfce4-settings. However, you can just turn everything off and it won't bother you anymore. I unchecked every single checkbox and I have never seen such a notification ever since.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-06-27 11:22:21

lastonestanding

I suggest using the forum search next time.

https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=15173.

#4 2022-06-28 01:03:04

Skaperen

KBar wrote:

You can't really do that as it's part of xfce4-settings. However, you can just turn everything off and it won't bother you anymore. I unchecked every single checkbox and I have never seen such a notification ever since.

but what if i want to keep sticky keys on?  they are helpful with my one handed typing.

#5 2022-06-28 10:17:53

larsen

lastonestanding wrote:

I suggest using the forum search next time.
https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=15173.

My question was about uninstalling all Accessibility settings, because I'm not using them.
"I'm not using the Accessibility settings..."
"I want to completely uninstall all Accessibility settings."
And I mentioned that while I'm not using any Accessibility settings, it also "shows random messages about Sticky Keys".

KBar wrote:

Thank you!

Board footer