Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-06-20 23:27:09

ToZ
Administrator

New Moderator

Please join me in welcoming KBar to the moderator team. (There are now two of us). This should offer some more coverage over the day in dealing with reports. We here at the forums, all of us, are a small group, but a friendly and helpful group. As a reflection of this fact, kbar has been very professional in answering posts/threads and his insight has been very useful for our members.

Welcome to the moderator team, KBar.

/ToZ

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#2 2022-06-20 23:40:17

eight.bit.al

Re: New Moderator

Congrats kbar. I'm sure ToZ will welcome the help.

Last edited by eight.bit.al (2022-06-20 23:41:03)

Fight against surveillance capitalism.

#3 2022-06-21 07:09:30

PaperNick

Welcome kbar, thanks for volunteering with your help! This is probably the most structured and helpful forum I've seen thus far. Thanks for your dedication ToZ (and now kbar)!

#4 2022-06-21 10:45:39

KBar

Thank you, Toz. I really appreciate your trust in and support for me.

It hasn't even been a year yet but what a joyous journey I've had, or rather I am still having. I've gone from not knowing much to writing my own shell scripts and even one-line patches to the code. However small our group may be, the density of knowledge and useful information per user post is off the roof! The Xfce forums are one of the friendliest places on the whole Internet. We ask for help, discuss, discover bugs along the way: all together and in a very much kind, pure manner. You've put a tremendous amount of work, time, effort and dedication into this and helped shape this community into a pinnacle of public domain. We're eternally grateful for your contributions and leadership.

I thank you and every single member—be it a registered, active user or one-off visitors—for making the Xfce Forums the place it is today. Collaboration and collective work are truly the marvels of nature, a cornerstone of any society.

With that said, I want to raise your awareness to the evergrowing number of scams and frauds on the Internet. Please, be very mindful of what you click and who you give your personal data to. Do not get lured in by lucrative offers and giveaways. Do not believe promises and empty words. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is not true. I know that's not the saying but I just wanted to emphasize the not true part. If your questions have already been answered somewhere else, we often provide a link to another post or even another site. When done, it is only so for informative purposes. In no way we agree, condone, support, or otherwise are responsible for the material on third-party sites accessed by any of our links. The content provided by links to third-party sites may change. If you find a linked material to be obsolete or not relevant anymore, please report such incidents to us. In general, try to apply some common sense and follow good cyber hygiene practices.

Otherwise, there really is nothing to moderate because you are all breathtaking. Just remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

Thank you and happy summer holidays or vacation!

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#5 2022-06-21 13:46:00

alcornoqui

Yay! Welcome addition, or rather multiplication!

wink

This forum is one of Xfce's best features, and KBar surely fits the role, thanks for your help.

#6 2022-06-22 09:49:35

Jerry3904

Great news! I do a lot of Forum moderating for MX Linux and I know that the addition of even a single competent mod makes a huge difference--and especially when that doubles the total number...

MX-23 (based on Debian Stable) with our flagship Xfce 4.18.

#7 2022-06-23 15:00:57

dm999

Well done, KBar smile

#8 2022-06-24 19:29:36

KBar

Thank you all. I very much appreciate your support. Being a part of this wholesome community feels incredible.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#9 2022-06-29 15:39:56

Nili

Hello! I wish you good work in your mod role KBar.

Devuan/XFCE

#10 2022-06-30 12:15:38

KBar

Hi and welcome to our lovely community!

Thanks for the wishes.

#11 2022-07-01 13:59:53

Tamaranch

Congratulations on your new role KBar! I wish you the best for the future smile

#12 2022-07-02 20:45:36

mauser

Congratulations KBar and welcome to your new job.

I am command line illiterate. I use MX-21.3 Linux.

Board footer