Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-25 23:37:39

dreimal

Change default size of Bulk Renamer window?

I'm hoping to find a way to change the default window size for the Thunar Bulk Renamer. More often than not, I find myself having to manually resize it to better see filenames, something that soon gets tedious.

Thanks for any guidance.

#2 2022-07-26 01:20:34

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Change default size of Bulk Renamer window?

Unfortunately the size is hard-coded.

If you are open to using a tool like devilspie or devilspie2, you can force the window to another size. Since I'm only familiar with the original devilspie scripting, you could use an expression set like the following:

(if (is (window_name) "Bulk Rename - Rename Multiple Files")
        (geometry "1500x750")
)

...adjust the geometry to suit.

To make it work, you need to install devilspie, create the file ~/.devilspie/bulk.ds (create the directory if it doesn't exist), and manually start devilspie. You can add it to your startup applications to have it run all the time.

devilspie/devilspie2 is a great utility for extending xfwm4 functionality.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-07-26 11:43:53

dreimal

Re: Change default size of Bulk Renamer window?

ToZ wrote:

devilspie/devilspie2 is a great utility for extending xfwm4 functionality.

ToZ, again, thank you!

devilspie2 installed simply, Renamer window positioned and sized to my liking, just the solution I've wished for since forever. It'll be a godsend just to be able to launch this once when I have a gazillion photos or music files to reorganise next.

And I'm already thinking of other applications and tasks this will be so useful for.

Cheers!

Board footer