Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-24 14:47:48

Fruit

Restore default `/usr/share/icons` folder?

Ayo,

Yes, it's happened, my entire `/usr/share/icons` has been wiped off disk. But I'm trying to get that default folder back (which gets installed with vanilla xfce), without formatting my PC and installing xfce again. Any ideas how to achieve this? I just want the plain xfce4 `/usr/share/icons` to be installed back, that's all.

Cheers

Last edited by Fruit (2022-07-24 14:48:40)

#2 2022-07-24 15:13:44

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Restore default `/usr/share/icons` folder?

Hello and welcome.

Which distro are you using? Most "plain" installs of Xfce install both the "hicolor-icon-theme" and "adwaita-icon-theme". Just re-install those packages. Specific distros may have other icon themes installed as part of their Xfce configurations.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-07-24 19:24:40

Fruit

Hi, thanks for the reply. Ah ok, I didn't know I could re-install ` hicolor-icon-theme` and `adwaita-icon-theme` using pacman. I think that will solve my issue, Cheers!

#4 2022-07-30 01:43:00

Skaperen

if it still has the packages as being installed even while files are missing, you may need to uninstall/remove/purge (or whatever) those packages, first, then install them back.  some package managers do have reinstall or verify commands to fix situations just like this.  if you can tell which distribution and version you are running, someone may know exact steps to take if you continue to have trouble.

Board footer