Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-03 16:33:19

Battery Man

Full-screen video appears to only block Display Power Management?

Ever since upgrading from Xubuntu 20.04 to 22.04, it seems as if System Power Management is not blocked by playing full-screen videos in Firefox. No notice appears in the panel's copy of my power manager and my system goes to sleep after 15 minutes of inactivity with a full-screen YouTube video playing in Firefox. When plugged in (haven't tested unplugged), the screen does not blank after 10 minutes, suggesting that only Display Power Management is being blocked. Calls in Microsoft Teams and Steam do not share this issue. Presentational Mode works as expected and I did not have this issue in Xubuntu 20.04. How do I begin to diagnose?

All relevant version, software, and settings info is in the picture below. The 'On Battery' settings match the 'Plugged In' settings.
4SMS0lw.png

Last edited by Battery Man (2022-09-03 16:34:43)

#2 2022-09-03 20:28:38

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Full-screen video appears to only block Display Power Management?

This is/was a known issue involving both firefox and xfce4-power-manager. This has recently been fixed from firefox's side and this merge fixed if from xfce4-power-manager's side. Unfortunately, xfce4-power-manager hasn't yet been released with this fix - you have to run the development version to get the fix.

Until you get these patches, you'll need to use presentation mode.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-09-03 21:34:50

Battery Man

Re: Full-screen video appears to only block Display Power Management?

Thanks. It's too bad that, if my understanding of LTS Xubuntu is correct, then I could be waiting two years for this. Guess I'll have to run those dev versions...

Board footer