Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-03 16:59:14

Battery Man

Can items within MenuLibre's categories be made to sort automatically?

When I install a new program, it goes in to a category in my Whisker Menu. These categories are controlled by Menu Libre. Within Menu Libre, I can sort the items in the category alphabetically. However, this is just a one-off. Is there any way that I can make the items *always* sort alphabetically? Or do I have to go in to Menu Libre each time I install a new program and tell it to re-sort the relevant category?

For example, the Stopwatch package is an Accessory in Menu Libre. If I install it, it will go to the bottom of my list of Accessories. I'd rather it automatically go in the correct alphabetical position.

#2 2022-09-03 17:54:17

KBar

Re: Can items within MenuLibre's categories be made to sort automatically?

Whisker Menu has a Sort categories setting. Right-click -> Properties -> Behavior. Could you try it and see if it helps?

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-09-03 19:20:09

Battery Man

I've always had that ticked. To my knowledge, that sorts the categories themselves rather than their items.

#4 2022-09-13 15:17:06

decflagaz

Yes I have the same problem.  No quick fix.  Had to run Menulibre and manually sort.

#5 2022-09-24 12:46:44

Battery Man

Worst come to worst, maybe there's a script to fix this?

Board footer