Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-21 20:00:35

bendipa

[Now Solved]: Xfce Power Manager settings not working.

I seem to be having issues with Power Manager running in Linux Mint 21.

In Manjaro, it configures and works as expected. But in Linux Mint my settings are ignored - eg, under Display, my monitor switches off after 10 minutes, even though I configured it to blank after 25 minutes. Furthermore the screen then locks each time that happens and I have to login again. Also there appears to be a tab missing for 'Security'. This shows in Manjaro, though.

Any suggestions as to what is going wrong here.

EDhx73h.png

Last edited by bendipa (2022-09-25 17:48:05)

#2 2022-09-22 04:42:16

KBar

Re: [Now Solved]: Xfce Power Manager settings not working.

Try checking under Screensaver dialog.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-09-25 17:42:12

bendipa

Re: [Now Solved]: Xfce Power Manager settings not working.

I don't know what you mean by 'screensaver dialogue' or what relevance this has to do with my issue.

However after 2 days I managed to solve this by luck after chancing on a similar issue on another forum, but no thanks to anyone's help here.

Any experienced user of Xfce could have provided the solution to my issue easily and saved me a lot of unnecessary frustration.

Board footer