Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-22 15:47:49

Humuch

Application Finder: do not preview command line but desktop apps

I recently set up my XFCE from scratch, a great environment, but I now have the issue that my application finder that completely minimized with only the search bar visible and it does not expand when typing. It also suggests commands instead of desktop programs, which means I have to manually click on the arrow and then the program which is very cumbersome.

The desired behavior is that it open  and previews some programs, I start typing and it does not suggest command line commands but filters the list of desktop applications.

It would be very appreciated if someone could tell me how to get that back!

Last edited by Humuch (2022-09-23 15:44:39)

#2 2022-09-22 16:09:31

KBar

Re: Application Finder: do not preview command line but desktop apps

This is the intended behavior, see.

To get the desired behavior back, simply run xfce4-appfinder without options. Also check your keyboard shortcuts.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-09-23 15:44:53

Humuch

Re: Application Finder: do not preview command line but desktop apps

KBar wrote:

This is the intended behavior, see.

To get the desired behavior back, simply run xfce4-appfinder without options. Also check your keyboard shortcuts.

Yes, that fixed it, thank you!

Board footer