Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-24 02:04:56

Skaperen

what color is my mouse pointer? configured?

when my mouse pointer is over most non-text things it takes the shape of an arrow pointing mostly up and slightly left.  it is bounded by a border of one color and filled in by another color.  i would like to know what color (numerically) it has.

i cannot get it with the xmag utility since it takes over the mouse and it becomes the square for selecting the pixels to magnify.

i cannot get it with a screen capture which does not include the mouse in the image it captures.

i hope someone can answer this:  where is the shape and color of the mouse actually configured?

#2 2022-09-24 05:28:05

KBar

Re: what color is my mouse pointer? configured?

The cursor themes are located in /usr/share/icons, $HOME/.icons or $XDG_DATA_HOME/icons. If not set, XDG_DATA_HOME defaults to $HOME/.local/share.

Current theme name is found via:

xfconf-query --channel xsettings --property /Gtk/CursorThemeName

GIMP has a color picker which can be used to determine pixel color values.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-09-24 16:35:24

agashamu

Re: what color is my mouse pointer? configured?

GIMP has a color picker which can be used to determine pixel color values.

Thanks for that info KBar, I never noticed it. There is also a Color Picker in most repositories that you can install.

Linux Mint Xfce 21.1

Board footer