Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-24 22:53:54

rayandrews

[SOLVED] setting up hotkey not working

Here with Debian 11 -- slowly getting her working.  Back over in Debian 9 I have the command 'movemouse -g1' attached to the Alt+1 key and it works fine, but it's not working here, I get "failed to execute child process ... not found".  movemouse is my handy, dandy terminal jumper, hotkey jumps to another terminal without having to use the mouse, nice when one's terminal work is all keyboard, no other reason to reach for the mouse.

Last edited by rayandrews (2022-09-25 14:39:41)

#2 2022-09-24 23:49:11

ToZ
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] setting up hotkey not working

It can't find mousemove. Is this a script of your own that you are running? Make sure the command is in your path or use the full path to the command in your keyboard shortcut.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-09-25 01:57:03

rayandrews

Full path solved it.  Strange tho, it's on my path and works from command line fine.  Never mind, if xfce wants full path to the command, that's what xfce gets.  It's a binary, I can't live without it for hopping between terminals. 

BTW as to the one logical desktop, I think I'm going to get used to it.  I just hafta stop thinking in terms of workspaces (which now change all three monitors instead of just one) instead I have to think in terms of individual windows.

#4 2022-09-25 02:51:52

KBar

You probably put it somewhere that's not in your PATH.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#5 2022-09-25 14:09:19

rayandrews

"You probably put it somewhere that's not in your PATH."

It's a binary I wrote myself but it's on my path alright, no question about that.

I was looking for a 'solved' button.  So just:

[SOLVED] in the topic then ... but how?  I just tried, it does not seem editable.

Last edited by rayandrews (2022-09-25 14:11:32)

#6 2022-09-25 14:26:20

KBar

Yes.

ToZ wrote:

Marking a thread as [solved]:
If you are the creator of the thread and are satisfied that your question or issue has been resolved, please mark the thread [solved] by clicking "Edit" on your original post and prepending the tag [SOLVED] to the title in the Subject field. This will make it easier for other community members facing the same issue to easily locate a resolution.

https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=9278

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#7 2022-09-25 14:38:58

rayandrews

"clicking "Edit" on your original post and prepending the tag [SOLVED]"

Got it, thanks.

#8 2022-09-25 14:45:10

rayandrews

Hey, just in passing, getting used to the new interface, bothersome thing, the window buttons, if some big window is open and I go to the panel and click on the button for some open window that is not full size, the window opens alright, but I can't get to it because as my mouse slides towards it, it must cross over the bigger window which activates it and kills the smaller window.  I like having the windows activate automatically as the pointer moves over them but this would seem to seem to be an exception -- if you click on a window button you'd think you'd be able to navigate to it ... but there will be a solution.  Things are so different without 'zaphod mode which is what I'm used to.

Board footer