Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-09-25 14:34:02

rayandrews

[SOLVED] avoid login when awakening from sleep/suspend

Very minor thing, but when I resume from suspend it asks me to login.  Can that be avoided?  I have zero security concerns here.  Also, can resume be activated by a keystroke or movement of the mouse?  It seems I remember that it can, but right now only the power button does it.  Nothing obvious in the power management applet.  Sounds like a systemD horror ... (seems one of the most popular up and coming distros MX Linux, has abandoned systemD as the monster that it is ...)

Last edited by rayandrews (2022-09-25 15:03:13)

#2 2022-09-25 14:40:28

KBar

Re: [SOLVED] avoid login when awakening from sleep/suspend

Disable Lock Screen with System Sleep and Lock Screen with Screensaver:
hfiiKq3l.png

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#3 2022-09-25 14:52:06

rayandrews

Re: [SOLVED] avoid login when awakening from sleep/suspend

No 'screensaver preferences' to be found under my 'Applications > Settings'.  So having to log in again is called 'lock screen'?  That's good to know.

Edit:

Was going to post the build number of xfce here, but the 'about' screen tells me everything *except* the build number.

Edit:

Found it under 'Power Manager > Security.  I guess the menus are reworked every now an then so that's understandable. 

What about resuming via a keystroke or mouse move?

Last edited by rayandrews (2022-09-25 15:02:01)

Board footer