Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-10-17 04:11:12

Rexodus

Please don't dumb down Linux. We have Windows for that!

Yesterday I Installed XFCE after years. First thing I notice is the moronification of Thunar. A real shame. I was thinking Linux users have brains. But obviously I was wrong. Because they can't read the date - time format. To my surprise, it was dumbed down to "TODAY" and "YESTERDAY". A real dangerous trend if you ask me. Please quit this! It's NOT helping anyone except for the brainless. Linux is not for the brainless and will never be. Don't try to push this!

Anyway, installing MC, Ignoring Thunar as long as this goes on. Hoping MC doesn't get this kind of idiotic ideas too.

Edit: If I install Fuzzy-clock. It's my choice. A filemanager should give all the info you need.

Last edited by Rexodus (2022-10-17 04:17:58)

#2 2022-10-17 10:33:49

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Please don't dumb down Linux. We have Windows for that!

There are two ways to deal with something like this. The first, is to join a forum and whine loudly about it. The second is to go into preferences and change it.

Edit: If I install Fuzzy-clock. It's my choice. A filemanager should give all the info you need.

The irony is palpably thick here.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-10-17 20:24:18

CwF

wow...

I use "%y%W %A %H:%M"

Compute That!

#4 2022-10-18 07:40:42

Rexodus

ToZ wrote:

There are two ways to deal with something like this. The first, is to join a forum and whine loudly about it. The second is to go into preferences and change it.

The irony is palpably thick here.

No Irony detected. Nobody says I have fuzzy clock installed. And I don't care about the options either. This NEVER should be the default setting.

So, my first statement is valid, and I stay with it. Whining even louder because it's hard to misunderstand what I said the first time.

Long live MC. A true partner for decades! No interface changes every day. Works always.

#5 2022-10-18 13:08:15

eight.bit.al

Rexodus wrote:

And I don't care about the options either. This NEVER should be the default setting.

No OS is going to have all the defaults set the way any particular user wants them. I agree "Today" is a poor choice, but it takes longer to come here and complain than to just change it.

Does the squeaky wheel get oiled or replaced?

No interface changes every day.

That's something I can get behind. Sometime it seems changes are made to justify a paycheck.

Last edited by eight.bit.al (2022-10-18 13:09:18)

Fight against surveillance capitalism.

#6 2022-10-26 04:48:53

Chaussettes
Website

Use your brain and install something else if you don't like it. This elitist mentality is the biggest issue with the Linux community.

Board footer