Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-26 23:18:56

Skaperen

items on panel

i see a couple items on my panel that seem to not be plugins.  one is a blue beam thing that right click brings up a network menu.  the other is a bluetooth thing that brings a menu for bluetooth actions.  one of my users has 2 bluetooth items and another has no network item.

1.  how do i remove the extra item?
2.  how do i add back the missing item?
3.  how do i move these items to different places on the panel?

#2 2022-12-07 09:53:31

jth
Website

Re: items on panel

Hi,

1.  move mouse over the extra item - right click on the item and select "delete" should do it

2. move mouse into an empty space on the panel and right-click, select "panel" and then "add new elements", in the list then shows up should be something like "Starter" (I'm on german xfce here and not sure about the english names of the entries, but they should be like that), select that, click add and then close. A maybe blank space or some icon is added to your panel in last right position (assuming your panel is horizontal). Move mouse over, right click and select properties. A window is opened, click on the "add new" icon. An edit window opens. Just type "net" into the name field. A list will appear below and you will find something like "Starter for network connections". Select this, all the other fields will be filled, just click on "create". The icon will appear in the right corner. (Maybe "network connections" is not what you search for, rightclick on the pc where you have the icon, select properties and then edit to find out which it is)

3. right click on the icon, select "move" and move it by mouse to your preferred place.

hth

regards

joerg

#3 2022-12-08 20:17:45

Skaperen

Re: items on panel

2.  maybe it is "Launcher" so i tried it and it gave me a little red icon on the panel.  it looks like this is it!  Vielen Dank!

Board footer