Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-23 13:18:10

jfacemyer

Failed to send D-Bus message - timeout was reached.

I get a popup with this message when I try to click or key Whiskermenu.

I get this at a random amount of time after logging in - sometimes it's a few hours, or days.

Sometimes the menu will open after a while, but other things on the panel won't respond either (like application tabs or clock) while some will (like the weather widget or process mon.)

I can't kill the process by any means - e.g. when I do 'killall xfce4-panel', there's no response and the panel stays put. ps shows the process # is the same. killing the ps# has same results.

I looked in .xsession-errros, nothing gets added there when it happens.

Help! I have to log out/in every time this happens.

Thank you!

#2 2022-11-23 13:20:43

jfacemyer

Re: Failed to send D-Bus message - timeout was reached.

Ok, now when I'm trying to log out after that, I get "Received error while trying to log out - GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: Type of message, "(yb)", does not match expected type "(b)"

#3 2022-11-23 15:05:30

ToZ
Administrator

Which distro and version of Xfce are you using? If it's systemd based, have a look at entries in the journal around the time of the hang.

I would also suggest creating a second account on your computer and using that to see if the problem persists, but since it can take some time to manifest itself, it may not be feasible to do so.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#4 2022-11-29 18:36:53

jfacemyer

It's Xubuntu 22.10 - I'll watch the journal next time. Any tips for what to look for?

Yeah, I can't just hang around for possibly days in a test account, unfortunately. Although, if things persist, I could possibly just migrate my stuff to a clean account and see if that helps.

#5 2022-11-30 05:13:24

KBar

What you described reads similar to https://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=15743. There is also a related issue.

Could you try running the following command manually?

xfce4-panel --plugin-event=whiskermenu:popup:bool:false

While monitoring the session bus:

# Get the unique name of the panel's connection to the session bus:
uniqname=$(dbus-send --print-reply=literal --dest=org.freedesktop.DBus /org/freedesktop/DBus org.freedesktop.DBus.GetNameOwner string:org.xfce.Panel | tr -d ' ')
# Monitor both input and output of the connection:
dbus-monitor destination=$uniqname sender=$uniqname

Last edited by KBar (2022-11-30 14:55:45)

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#6 2022-11-30 14:53:58

jfacemyer

When should I run that? (Like, when the issue is presenting, or at the beginning of the session...? Or just now, and give the results?)

#7 2022-11-30 15:00:11

KBar

jfacemyer wrote:

When should I run that? (Like, when the issue is presenting, or at the beginning of the session...? Or just now, and give the results?)

Any time you'd like.

I updated my reply and included some additional commands for debugging. The interesting bit is whether the method calls succeeds. dbus-monitor in one terminal window, run that command from another one. If the Whisker Menu appears, close it and try again later, if it doesn't, interrupt dbus-monitor with Ctrl+C and share the output.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#8 2022-11-30 21:02:22

jfacemyer

Ok, here's what I got:

signal time=1669842056.982051 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> destination=:1.777 serial=2 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameAcquired
   string ":1.777"
signal time=1669842056.982081 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> destination=:1.777 serial=4 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameLost
   string ":1.777"
method call time=1669842066.333224 sender=:1.779 -> destination=:1.143 serial=7 path=/org/xfce/Panel; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties; member=GetAll
   string "org.xfce.Panel"

...and then after about 20 sec...

method call time=1669842091.355268 sender=:1.779 -> destination=:1.143 serial=8 path=/org/xfce/Panel; interface=org.xfce.Panel; member=PluginEvent
   string "whiskermenu"
   string "popup"
   variant       boolean false

Last edited by jfacemyer (2022-11-30 21:03:26)

#9 2022-11-30 21:27:34

jfacemyer

In the meantime of trying to figure this out, any suggestion on how I can force the panel to restart? I hate having to log out and back in every time.

#10 2022-12-01 06:04:24

KBar

# To restart the whole panel:
xfce4-panel -r
# To restart Whisker Menu:
pkill -f libwhiskermenu.so

#11 2022-12-01 12:56:02

jfacemyer

Neither of those works hmm "Failed to restart the panel / Timeout was reached."

And I'm not still get the error trying to log out that I pasted above:

"Received error while trying to log out - GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: Type of message, "(yb)", does not match expected type "(b)"

This makes it nontrivial to log out.

Any thoughts on the dbus-monitor results?

#12 2022-12-01 13:12:12

jfacemyer

BTW, I looked in the journal for anything at the time the panel clock froze and after, but nothing there out of the ordinary.

#13 2022-12-01 17:29:26

KBar

jfacemyer wrote:

Any thoughts on the dbus-monitor results?

No thoughts because you shared the wrong parts and did not post the whole output.

#14 2022-12-02 15:21:43

jfacemyer

I'm sorry - I thought I had done exactly as you requested hmm

Here it is again:

Term 1: Used both commands to start the dbus monitor, as above.

Term 2:

xfce4-panel --plugin-event=whiskermenu:popup:bool:false

Term 1:

facemyer@solanus:~$ dbus-monitor destination=$uniqname sender=$uniqname
signal time=1669993962.311576 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> destination=:1.267 serial=2 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameAcquired
   string ":1.267"
signal time=1669993962.311603 sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> destination=:1.267 serial=4 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameLost
   string ":1.267"
method call time=1669993966.875700 sender=:1.268 -> destination=:1.29 serial=7 path=/org/xfce/Panel; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties; member=GetAll
   string "org.xfce.Panel"
method call time=1669993991.900745 sender=:1.268 -> destination=:1.29 serial=8 path=/org/xfce/Panel; interface=org.xfce.Panel; member=PluginEvent
   string "whiskermenu"
   string "popup"
   variant       boolean false
^C
facemyer@solanus:~$ 

I waited until the timeout popup message, then quit the dbus monitor, and copied both enclosing prompts so you can see everything I got.

As far as I can tell, I followed your instructions exactly, but it looks like the same result to me - tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

#15 2022-12-02 18:21:49

KBar

In that case, this suggests that there is something terribly wrong with your session bus. The PluginEvent() method is supposed to return a boolean value to indicate whether it succeeded or not. The fact that it neither emits signals nor returns after the call is suspicious. Any peculiar permission settings you might have set up? Moreover, are you sure Whisker Menu is installed in the right directory? Did it actually pop after you ran the command or not?

# Let's find out how the plugin is run:
pgrep -fa libwhisker

# and dbus-daemon launch parameters:
pgrep -fa dbus-daemon

# Might as well check the bus policy:
awk '/<policy/, /<\/policy/' /usr/share/dbus-1/session.conf

I run the development releases of both Ubuntu (lunar) and Debian (sid) in VM pretty much all the time and I don't have this issue. You mentioned that other plugins also show some weird behavior. It really sounds like you have got yourself a broken system.

#16 2022-12-05 12:53:34

jfacemyer

Thanks for continuing to help!

It installed wherever it was supposed to by default in Xubuntu. I don't recall doing anything with dbus permissions.

Whiskermenu works fine 98% of the time, but occasionally does this.

The other panel plugins only have a problem at the same time as this - I only noticed those after I noticed I couldn't use the menu. So I'm pretty sure it's one thing that's triggering other stuff, but I have no idea what I'm talking about here apart from my long experience of trying to debug linux problems from a user perspective smile

facemyer@solanus:~$ pgrep -fa libwhisker
2423 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/wrapper-2.0 /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/panel/plugins/libwhiskermenu.so 1 50331655 whiskermenu Whisker Menu Show a menu to easily access installed applications
facemyer@solanus:~$ pgrep -fa dbus-daemon
978 @dbus-daemon --system --address=systemd: --nofork --nopidfile --systemd-activation --syslog-only
1541 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --session --address=systemd: --nofork --nopidfile --systemd-activation --syslog-only
1719 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --config-file=/usr/share/defaults/at-spi2/accessibility.conf --nofork --print-address 11 --address=unix:path=/run/user/1000/at-spi/bus_0
7364 /usr/bin/dbus-daemon --syslog-only --fork --print-pid 5 --print-address 7 --session
facemyer@solanus:~$ awk '/<policy/, /<\/policy/' /usr/share/dbus-1/session.conf
  <policy context="default">
    <!-- Allow everything to be sent -->
    <allow send_destination="*" eavesdrop="true"/>
    <!-- Allow everything to be received -->
    <allow eavesdrop="true"/>
    <!-- Allow anyone to own anything -->
    <allow own="*"/>
  </policy>

Last edited by jfacemyer (2022-12-05 12:54:28)

#17 2022-12-05 12:56:49

jfacemyer

If you don't see anything obvious, I guess maybe I should install again on another partition and see if that resolves the issue (unless you see anything that helps). I've done a few things as suggested by various forums to fix a few other issues with sound and suspend problems I've encountered over the last year, so it's not impossible that I dorked something up.

I just hate to spend the effort to do that if it's not going to help (which it frequently doesn't, if there's a problem with a hardware conflict, etc.) It's time away from productive work hmm But could resolve a lot of other time wasted on an error that could be fixed, so...

Last edited by jfacemyer (2022-12-05 12:58:21)

#18 2022-12-05 13:41:05

ToZ
Administrator

Just want to list these relevant bug reports:

...some have had success by clearing their session cache.

If @kbar is unable to locate and resolve the issue, it appears that this is a rare bug that affects some people. Perhaps a comment in an existing or a new bug report would bring visibility to the developers.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#19 2022-12-05 14:16:57

jfacemyer

Thanks, I'll check those out!

#20 2022-12-05 16:41:49

KBar

How often do you receive that error: on every logout or after your panel starts to behave weirdly? It looks like the initial method call to Shutdown() fails and then it's tried again; this time with two arguments, which is the fallback for the old API, i.e. you're not even supposed to get here. What version of xfce4-session do you have installed?

# Is it 4.16.0-1ubuntu2?
dpkg -l xfce4-session

When you start having problems during your session, could you try each of these each time separately?

# Log out with prompting:
xfce4-session-logout

# and without:
xfce4-session-logout --logout

# Call the method directly on the D-Bus interface:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.xfce.SessionManager /org/xfce/SessionManager org.xfce.Session.Manager.Logout boolean:true boolean:false

# and skip the dialog:
dbus-send --print-reply --dest=org.xfce.SessionManager /org/xfce/SessionManager org.xfce.Session.Manager.Logout boolean:false boolean:false

Hopefully, the direct calls will at least produce some meaningful diagnostic messages.

If you fancy, you can also enable debugging messages like so:

sed 's/exec xfce4-session/XFSM_VERBOSE=1 &/' /etc/xdg/xfce4/xinitrc > ~/.config/xfce4/xinitrc
# If you have a custom start-up script, make sure to back it up.

Reboot or re-login afterwards. All messages will be written to ~/.xfce4-session.verbose-log.

If you don't feel like doing it, you may wish to just reinstall. I'd probably do the same.

#21 2022-12-08 15:44:04

jfacemyer

It's only after the panel starts misbehaving.

xfce4-session:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name           Version         Architecture Description
+++-==============-===============-============-=================================
ii  xfce4-session  4.16.0-1ubuntu2 amd64        Xfce4 Session Manager

It hasn't happened since I last posted, but when it does I'll try those.

I'm thinking of reinstalling over Xmas break. Major pain.

Is there anything from my profile I definitely would NOT want to copy over re: xfce4-related configs (or other)? I usually copy only what I know I use, I'd avoid any panel related things, probably would just want like menu config for customizations I've done, but even that's no big deal.

#22 2022-12-09 22:07:36

jfacemyer

Ok, happened again, and the first logout command worked (though after quite some time, like 2 min?), here's the log:

log file opened
TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:502] xfsm_manager_load_session(): loading Session: Default
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:280] xfsm_properties_load(): Loading properties for client org.inkscape.Inkscape
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:289] xfsm_properties_load(): -> Set strv (RestartCommand)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (_GSM_DesktopFile, /usr/share/applications/org.inkscape.Inkscape.desktop)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, ld-linux-x86-64)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 50)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (RestartStyleHint, 0)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:280] xfsm_properties_load(): Loading properties for client 22953c0b6-4cfd-413d-ae9c-dc7b758f000c
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:289] xfsm_properties_load(): -> Set strv (RestartCommand)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, /usr/bin/syncthingtray)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (UserID, facemyer)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 50)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (RestartStyleHint, 0)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:280] xfsm_properties_load(): Loading properties for client 2e2d52f17-023b-4c69-9b29-504e24cfc497
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:289] xfsm_properties_load(): -> Set strv (CloneCommand)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (CurrentDirectory, /home/facemyer)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (_GSM_DesktopFile, /usr/share/applications/xfce4-terminal.desktop)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfce4-terminal)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (UserID, facemyer)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:280] xfsm_properties_load(): Loading properties for client 23c090458-4c69-4a37-a92b-35f4a9171f1e
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, firefox)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:280] xfsm_properties_load(): Loading properties for client 2810ae76d-129d-4489-bb8a-f9d1a26a4b65
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, thunderbird)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:280] xfsm_properties_load(): Loading properties for client 2c1ac078b-4a81-4d0d-8cd4-d3b449af5378
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (CurrentDirectory, /home/facemyer)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (_GSM_DesktopFile, /etc/xdg/autostart/xfce4-power-manager.desktop)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfce4-power-manager)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:280] xfsm_properties_load(): Loading properties for client 2822a74ee-413b-48d0-908b-3add266213b2
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfdesktop)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 35)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (RestartStyleHint, 2)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:280] xfsm_properties_load(): Loading properties for client 2671a1e51-6ef5-4ec7-81e7-98acb62c7cfd
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:289] xfsm_properties_load(): -> Set strv (DiscardCommand)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, Thunar)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 30)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:280] xfsm_properties_load(): Loading properties for client 2e9019c24-219d-480b-ae23-2e6b8f38df3c
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (_GSM_DesktopFile, /etc/xdg/autostart/xfsettingsd.desktop)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfsettingsd)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 20)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (RestartStyleHint, 2)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:280] xfsm_properties_load(): Loading properties for client 2c87b2682-5509-4934-ad17-0bf976a714fa
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:289] xfsm_properties_load(): -> Set strv (DiscardCommand)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfwm4)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 15)
TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:533] xfsm_manager_load_session(): Finished loading clients from rc file
TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:763] xfsm_manager_load_settings(): Session "Default" loaded successfully.

TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:641] xfsm_startup_session_next_prio_group(): Starting apps in prio group 15
 (10)TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:568] xfsm_startup_start_properties(): Launching command "xfwm4 --replace --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 2c87b2682-5509-4934-ad17-0bf976a714fa" with PID 85393
TRACE[main.c:198] name_acquired(): name_acquired
TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 17, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 17, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = 2c87b2682-5509-4934-ad17-0bf976a714fa]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/2c87b2682_5509_4934_ad17_0bf976a714fa
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/2c87b2682_5509_4934_ad17_0bf976a714fa
TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:1024] xfsm_manager_register_client(): No dbus_client_id found.
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:641] xfsm_startup_session_next_prio_group(): Starting apps in prio group 20
 (9)TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:568] xfsm_startup_start_properties(): Launching command "xfsettingsd --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 2e9019c24-219d-480b-ae23-2e6b8f38df3c" with PID 85416
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2c87b2682-5509-4934-ad17-0bf976a714fa, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 6]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  Program
TRACE[sm-layer.c:352] sm_set_properties():    Type:  ARRAY8
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: xfwm4
TRACE[sm-layer.c:371] sm_set_properties(): 
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  UserID
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: facemyer
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  RestartStyleHint
TRACE[sm-layer.c:352] sm_set_properties():    Type:  CARD8
TRACE[sm-layer.c:360] sm_set_properties():    Value: 2
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  ProcessID
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: 85393
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  CurrentDirectory
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: /home/facemyer
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  _GSM_Priority
TRACE[sm-layer.c:360] sm_set_properties():    Value: 15
TRACE[sm-layer.c:373] sm_set_properties(): 
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfwm4)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (ProcessID, 85393)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 15)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2c87b2682-5509-4934-ad17-0bf976a714fa, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 1]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  DiscardCommand
TRACE[sm-layer.c:352] sm_set_properties():    Type:  LISTofARRAY8
TRACE[sm-layer.c:364] sm_set_properties():    Value:
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           rm,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           -rf,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           /home/facemyer/.cache/sessions/xfwm4-2c87b2682-5509-4934-ad17-0bf976a714fa.state
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:629] xfsm_properties_set_from_smprop(): -> Set strv (DiscardCommand)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 19, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 19, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = 2e9019c24-219d-480b-ae23-2e6b8f38df3c]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/2e9019c24_219d_480b_ae23_2e6b8f38df3c
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/2e9019c24_219d_480b_ae23_2e6b8f38df3c
TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:1024] xfsm_manager_register_client(): No dbus_client_id found.
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:641] xfsm_startup_session_next_prio_group(): Starting apps in prio group 30
 (8)TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:568] xfsm_startup_start_properties(): Launching command "Thunar --sm-client-id 2671a1e51-6ef5-4ec7-81e7-98acb62c7cfd --daemon" with PID 85421
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2e9019c24-219d-480b-ae23-2e6b8f38df3c, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 7]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: xfsettingsd
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: 85416
TRACE[sm-layer.c:360] sm_set_properties():    Value: 20
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  _GSM_DesktopFile
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: /etc/xdg/autostart/xfsettingsd.desktop
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfsettingsd)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (ProcessID, 85416)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 20)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (_GSM_DesktopFile, /etc/xdg/autostart/xfsettingsd.desktop)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 21, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 21, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = 2671a1e51-6ef5-4ec7-81e7-98acb62c7cfd]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/2671a1e51_6ef5_4ec7_81e7_98acb62c7cfd
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/2671a1e51_6ef5_4ec7_81e7_98acb62c7cfd
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:641] xfsm_startup_session_next_prio_group(): Starting apps in prio group 35
 (7)TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:568] xfsm_startup_start_properties(): Launching command "xfdesktop --display :0.0 --sm-client-id 2822a74ee-413b-48d0-908b-3add266213b2" with PID 85428
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2671a1e51-6ef5-4ec7-81e7-98acb62c7cfd, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 6]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  CloneCommand
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           Thunar
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  DiscardCommand
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           rm,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           -f,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           /home/facemyer/.cache/sessions/Thunar-2671a1e51-6ef5-4ec7-81e7-98acb62c7cfd
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: Thunar
TRACE[sm-layer.c:351] sm_set_properties():    Name:  RestartCommand
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           Thunar,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           --sm-client-id,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           2671a1e51-6ef5-4ec7-81e7-98acb62c7cfd,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           --daemon
TRACE[sm-layer.c:360] sm_set_properties():    Value: 30
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:629] xfsm_properties_set_from_smprop(): -> Set strv (CloneCommand)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:629] xfsm_properties_set_from_smprop(): -> Set strv (DiscardCommand)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, Thunar)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:629] xfsm_properties_set_from_smprop(): -> Set strv (RestartCommand)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 30)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 23, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 23, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = 2822a74ee-413b-48d0-908b-3add266213b2]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/2822a74ee_413b_48d0_908b_3add266213b2
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/2822a74ee_413b_48d0_908b_3add266213b2
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:641] xfsm_startup_session_next_prio_group(): Starting apps in prio group 50
 (6)TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:378] xfsm_manager_handle_failed_properties(): Client Id org.inkscape.Inkscape exited, removing from session.
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:568] xfsm_startup_start_properties(): Launching command "/usr/bin/syncthingtray -session 22953c0b6-4cfd-413d-ae9c-dc7b758f000c_1670623366_222443" with PID 85517
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:568] xfsm_startup_start_properties(): Launching command "xfce4-terminal --geometry=196x50 --display :0.0 --role=xfce4-terminal-1666619096-2798298652 --show-menubar --show-borders --hide-toolbar --working-directory /home/facemyer --tab --working-directory /home/facemyer/Desktop --tab --working-directory /home/facemyer --tab --active-tab --working-directory /home/facemyer --sm-client-id 2e2d52f17-023b-4c69-9b29-504e24cfc497" with PID 85518
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:568] xfsm_startup_start_properties(): Launching command "/usr/bin/firefox --sm-client-id 23c090458-4c69-4a37-a92b-35f4a9171f1e" with PID 85519
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:568] xfsm_startup_start_properties(): Launching command "/usr/bin/thunderbird --sm-client-id 2810ae76d-129d-4489-bb8a-f9d1a26a4b65" with PID 85521
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:568] xfsm_startup_start_properties(): Launching command "xfce4-power-manager --restart --sm-client-id 2c1ac078b-4a81-4d0d-8cd4-d3b449af5378" with PID 85525
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2822a74ee-413b-48d0-908b-3add266213b2, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 6]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: xfdesktop
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: 85428
TRACE[sm-layer.c:360] sm_set_properties():    Value: 35
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfdesktop)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (ProcessID, 85428)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 35)
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:691] xfsm_startup_child_watch(): Client Id = 22953c0b6-4cfd-413d-ae9c-dc7b758f000c, PID 85517 exited with status 256
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:700] xfsm_startup_child_watch(): Client Id = 22953c0b6-4cfd-413d-ae9c-dc7b758f000c died while starting up
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:734] xfsm_startup_handle_failed_startup(): Client Id = 22953c0b6-4cfd-413d-ae9c-dc7b758f000c failed to start
TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:378] xfsm_manager_handle_failed_properties(): Client Id 22953c0b6-4cfd-413d-ae9c-dc7b758f000c exited, removing from session.
TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 24, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 24, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = 2c1ac078b-4a81-4d0d-8cd4-d3b449af5378]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/2c1ac078b_4a81_4d0d_8cd4_d3b449af5378
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/2c1ac078b_4a81_4d0d_8cd4_d3b449af5378
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2c1ac078b-4a81-4d0d-8cd4-d3b449af5378, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 7]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: xfce4-power-manager
TRACE[sm-layer.c:360] sm_set_properties():    Value: 0
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: 85525
TRACE[sm-layer.c:360] sm_set_properties():    Value: 50
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: /etc/xdg/autostart/xfce4-power-manager.desktop
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfce4-power-manager)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (ProcessID, 85525)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (_GSM_DesktopFile, /etc/xdg/autostart/xfce4-power-manager.desktop)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 29, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 29, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = 23c090458-4c69-4a37-a92b-35f4a9171f1e]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/23c090458_4c69_4a37_a92b_35f4a9171f1e
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/23c090458_4c69_4a37_a92b_35f4a9171f1e
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 23c090458-4c69-4a37-a92b-35f4a9171f1e, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 4]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           /usr/bin/firefox,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           23c090458-4c69-4a37-a92b-35f4a9171f1e
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           /usr/bin/firefox
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: firefox
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:629] xfsm_properties_set_from_smprop(): -> Set strv (RestartCommand)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:629] xfsm_properties_set_from_smprop(): -> Set strv (CloneCommand)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, firefox)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 30, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 30, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = 2810ae76d-129d-4489-bb8a-f9d1a26a4b65]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/2810ae76d_129d_4489_bb8a_f9d1a26a4b65
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/2810ae76d_129d_4489_bb8a_f9d1a26a4b65
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2810ae76d-129d-4489-bb8a-f9d1a26a4b65, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 4]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           /usr/bin/thunderbird,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           2810ae76d-129d-4489-bb8a-f9d1a26a4b65
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           /usr/bin/thunderbird
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: thunderbird
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, thunderbird)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 31, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 31, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = 2e2d52f17-023b-4c69-9b29-504e24cfc497]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/2e2d52f17_023b_4c69_9b29_504e24cfc497
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/2e2d52f17_023b_4c69_9b29_504e24cfc497
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:618] xfsm_startup_session_continue(): Nothing started and nothing to start, moving to autostart items
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:315] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): hidden set
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:335] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): only show in XFCE set, launching
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "xfce4-notes"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:335] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): only show in XFCE set, launching
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/opt/vivaldi/vivaldi --profile-directory=Default --app-id=mdpkiolbdkhdjpekfbkbmhigcaggjagi"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/usr/bin/syncthing"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/opt/vivaldi/vivaldi "--profile-directory=Profile 2" --app-id=mdpkiolbdkhdjpekfbkbmhigcaggjagi"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command ""/usr/bin/syncthingtray" qt-widgets-gui --single-instance"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/opt/vivaldi/vivaldi "--profile-directory=Profile 2" --app-id=bhacinadenbkojblbakackhneiahcgkb"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "xfce4-panel"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/home/facemyer/bin/jaf_x_setup"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "dropbox start -i"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:417] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Unable to launch "dropbox start -i" (specified by autostart/dropbox.desktop): Failed to execute child process “dropbox” (No such file or directory)
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "xfce4-clipman"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "xcape -e 'Super_L=Alt_L|Pause'"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/usr/share/xubuntu/templates/xdg-xubuntu-templates"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "xfce4-screensaver"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/usr/bin/spice-vdagent"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/usr/lib/update-notifier/ubuntu-advantage-notification"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xfce4/notifyd/xfce4-notifyd"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "xfsettingsd"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "blueman-applet"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "xfce4-power-manager"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "solaar --window=hide"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:386] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): TryExec set and xfsm_check_valid_exec failed, skipping
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:367] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): start_at_spi (a11y support), skipping
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "system-config-printer-applet"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "xiccd"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/usr/lib/policykit-1-gnome/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "start-pulseaudio-x11"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/usr/libexec/ayatana-indicator-application/ayatana-indicator-application-service"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "xdg-user-dirs-update"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "nm-applet"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "update-notifier"
TRACE[xfsm-global.c:409] xfsm_launch_desktop_files_on_run_hook(): Autostart: running command "/usr/libexec/geoclue-2.0/demos/agent"
TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:841] xfsm_manager_signal_startup_done(): Manager finished startup, entering IDLE mode now

TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:246] xfsm_manager_set_state(): 
state is now XFSM_MANAGER_IDLE
TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:295] xfsm_manager_restore_active_workspace(): Attempting to restore Screen0_ActiveWorkspace
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2e2d52f17-023b-4c69-9b29-504e24cfc497, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 7]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: xfce4-terminal
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: 85518
TRACE[sm-layer.c:360] sm_set_properties():    Value: 50
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: /usr/share/applications/xfce4-terminal.desktop
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfce4-terminal)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (ProcessID, 85518)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (_GSM_DesktopFile, /usr/share/applications/xfce4-terminal.desktop)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 60, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 61, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 60, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = None]

TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:983] xfsm_manager_register_client(): No previous_id found.
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/2f7476b69_c722_4269_9a41_5f4a26460992
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/2f7476b69_c722_4269_9a41_5f4a26460992
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:290] xfsm_client_set_state(): 2f7476b69-c722-4269-9a41-5f4a26460992 client state was XFSM_CLIENT_IDLE and now is XFSM_CLIENT_SAVINGLOCAL
TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 61, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = None]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/2ebd8d6b1_97e2_4145_9ad5_96523d00bc4e
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/2ebd8d6b1_97e2_4145_9ad5_96523d00bc4e
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:290] xfsm_client_set_state(): 2ebd8d6b1-97e2-4145-9ad5-96523d00bc4e client state was XFSM_CLIENT_IDLE and now is XFSM_CLIENT_SAVINGLOCAL
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2f7476b69-c722-4269-9a41-5f4a26460992, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 6]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: xfce4-panel
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: 85623
TRACE[sm-layer.c:360] sm_set_properties():    Value: 25
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, xfce4-panel)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (ProcessID, 85623)
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:555] xfsm_properties_set_uchar(): -> Set uchar (_GSM_Priority, 25)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2ebd8d6b1-97e2-4145-9ad5-96523d00bc4e, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 2]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: pulseaudio
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, pulseaudio)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2f7476b69-c722-4269-9a41-5f4a26460992, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 1]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           xfce4-panel,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           --display,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           :0.0,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           2f7476b69-c722-4269-9a41-5f4a26460992
TRACE[sm-layer.c:303] sm_save_yourself_done(): Client Id = 2ebd8d6b1-97e2-4145-9ad5-96523d00bc4e, received SAVE YOURSELF DONE [Success = True]

TRACE[xfsm-manager.c:1423] xfsm_manager_save_yourself_done(): entering
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:290] xfsm_client_set_state(): 2ebd8d6b1-97e2-4145-9ad5-96523d00bc4e client state was XFSM_CLIENT_SAVINGLOCAL and now is XFSM_CLIENT_IDLE
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 2f7476b69-c722-4269-9a41-5f4a26460992, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 1]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           xfce4-panel
TRACE[sm-layer.c:303] sm_save_yourself_done(): Client Id = 2f7476b69-c722-4269-9a41-5f4a26460992, received SAVE YOURSELF DONE [Success = True]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:290] xfsm_client_set_state(): 2f7476b69-c722-4269-9a41-5f4a26460992 client state was XFSM_CLIENT_SAVINGLOCAL and now is XFSM_CLIENT_IDLE
TRACE[sm-layer.c:161] sm_new_client(): ICE connection fd = 39, received NEW CLIENT

TRACE[sm-layer.c:211] sm_register_client(): ICE connection fd = 39, received REGISTER CLIENT [Previous Id = None]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:704] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exporting path /org/xfce/SessionClients/22e59009d_ebee_442c_9447_47fa0cb138eb
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:717] xfsm_client_dbus_init(): exported on /org/xfce/SessionClients/22e59009d_ebee_442c_9447_47fa0cb138eb
TRACE[xfsm-client.c:290] xfsm_client_set_state(): 22e59009d-ebee-442c-9447-47fa0cb138eb client state was XFSM_CLIENT_IDLE and now is XFSM_CLIENT_SAVINGLOCAL
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 22e59009d-ebee-442c-9447-47fa0cb138eb, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 1]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:355] sm_set_properties():    Value: /usr/bin/syncthingtray
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:489] xfsm_properties_set_string(): -> Set string (Program, /usr/bin/syncthingtray)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:347] sm_set_properties(): Client Id = 22e59009d-ebee-442c-9447-47fa0cb138eb, received SET PROPERTIES [Num props = 1]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           /usr/bin/syncthingtray,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           -session,
TRACE[sm-layer.c:367] sm_set_properties():           22e59009d-ebee-442c-9447-47fa0cb138eb_1670623440_425826
TRACE[sm-layer.c:395] sm_delete_properties(): Client Id = 22e59009d-ebee-442c-9447-47fa0cb138eb, received DELETE PROPERTIES [Num props = 1]
TRACE[sm-layer.c:398] sm_delete_properties():    Name:   DiscardCommand
TRACE[sm-layer.c:399] sm_delete_properties(): 
TRACE[xfsm-properties.c:680] xfsm_properties_remove(): -> Removing (DiscardCommand)
TRACE[sm-layer.c:303] sm_save_yourself_done(): Client Id = 22e59009d-ebee-442c-9447-47fa0cb138eb, received SAVE YOURSELF DONE [Success = True]

TRACE[xfsm-client.c:290] xfsm_client_set_state(): 22e59009d-ebee-442c-9447-47fa0cb138eb client state was XFSM_CLIENT_SAVINGLOCAL and now is XFSM_CLIENT_IDLE

So, because it logged out, I couldn't try to the other methods yet smile

Last edited by jfacemyer (2022-12-09 22:08:17)

#23 2022-12-10 07:55:23

KBar

This is not the default Xubuntu setup. You have changed the way your session starts up drastically. xfce4-panel is supposed to be run as a client, not an autostart item. This probably explains why plugins are acting up. Not sure why you need to add an extra group with priority 50 and launch 5 different programs in it, including syncthingtray... No wonder you're having problems with your session management. GSM is not very kind to messing with priority groups. Can you post back the result of the following?

failsafe=$(xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /general/FailsafeSessionName)
for ((i = $(xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /sessions/$failsafe/Count) - 1; i>=0; --i)); do xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /sessions/$failsafe/Client${i}_Command; done

#24 2022-12-12 12:30:07

jfacemyer

I know you're thinking I'm crazy for saying this, but I didn't do that. Absolutely no idea what you're talking about!

I mean, I've used the Application Autostart panel to add a few startup items to autostart (like syncthingtray, etc.) But I had assumed that was what that panel was for, I have no idea how to start an extra group and change it's priority, etc.

Is that something that could have been messed up by frequent forced reboots? I doubt it (sounds like a deliberate action), but I'm trying to come up with a scenario in which this would have happened.

Here's the result of those commands:

facemyer@solanus:~$ failsafe=$(xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /general/FailsafeSessionName)
facemyer@solanus:~$ for ((i = $(xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /sessions/$failsafe/Count) - 1; i>=0; --i)); do xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -p /sessions/$failsafe/Client${i}_Command; done
Value is an array with 1 items:

xfdesktop
Value is an array with 2 items:

Thunar
--daemon

xfce4-panel

xfsettingsd
Value is an array with 2 items:

xfwm4
--replace

Thanks for sticking with me!

Last edited by jfacemyer (2022-12-12 12:33:11)

Board footer