Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-02 22:23:12

badusername1million

Question - How to customize Directory Menu plugin?

Hi,

I'd like to be able to fork the directory menu plugin to make the following changes:

1. Increase options for the File Pattern, to allow excluding certain filetypes and allowing the rest.
   - As it stands, you can only give it a list of accepted filetypes to display in the tree.

2. Possibly allow for custom actions like from Thunar; something like opening a folder in your favorite code editor
   - It allows for "Open Folder" and "Open in Terminal" by default

How would I go about doing this?

Any help would be much appreciated! smile

#2 2022-12-03 02:03:41

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Question - How to customize Directory Menu plugin?

Hello and welcome.

Are you asking about getting the code so you can start working on it, or are you looking for programming advice on how to make those changes?

For the former, the code can be located at https://gitlab.xfce.org/xfce/xfce4-pane … ectorymenu - its considered an internal plugin and is part of the xfce4-panel code base.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2022-12-03 04:24:25

KBar

If you are aiming to create a merge request eventually, you need to ask for fork permissions first. See https://docs.xfce.org/contribute/dev/gi … e_requests.

Remember to edit the subject of your topic to include the [SOLVED] tag once you're satisfied with the answers or have found a solution (in which case, don't forget to share it as well), so that other members of the community can quickly refer to it and save their time. Pretty please! tongue

#4 2022-12-05 20:16:31

badusername1million

Thanks @ToZ! I look forward to looking through the code and seeing what I can do.

I hadn't planned to @KBar, but if I were able to add any significant improvements I would gladly share it. Thanks for the advice smile

Board footer