Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-26 20:54:55

edflecko

Jabra USB headset / microphone not working as expected

I'm running XFCE on FreeBSD freebsd 13.1-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 13.1-RELEASE-p3 GENERIC amd64 and my Jabra headset and microphone aren't working as expected.

I was running Ubuntu 22.04 and the headset was working well. When I plugged the USB headset into my PC, all sound was heard through the headset and I used the built-in microphone to routinely make phone calls through Microsoft Teams using just the browser and no teams app was needed. When I unplug the headset, all sound went back to running through my built-in sound card and speakers.

Pulse audio control sees the USB option, but it doesn't seem to specifically identify it as a Jabra EVOLVE the way it was shown under Ubuntu.

I installed the following packages when I set up FreeBSD:

sudo pkg install slim slim-themes xfce xfce4-goodies xfce4-pulseaudio-plugin xfce4-volumed-pulse xfce4-wavelan-plugin xorg

$ cat /dev/sndstat

Installed devices:
pcm0: <NVIDIA (0x001c) (HDMI/DP 8ch)> (play)
pcm1: <NVIDIA (0x001c) (HDMI/DP 8ch)> (play)
pcm2: <Realtek ALC221 (Analog)> (play/rec) default
pcm3: <Realtek ALC221 (Analog 2.0+HP)> (play)
pcm4: <USB audio> (play/rec)
No devices installed from userspace.

dmesg shows:

ugen1.3: <GN Netcom A/S Jabra EVOLVE LINK MS> at usbus1
uaudio0: <GN Netcom A/S Jabra EVOLVE LINK MS, class 0/0, rev 2.00/3.10, addr 3> on usbus1
ugen1.3: <GN Netcom A/S Jabra EVOLVE LINK MS> at usbus1
uaudio0: <GN Netcom A/S Jabra EVOLVE LINK MS, class 0/0, rev 2.00/3.10, addr 3> on usbus1.

Is there an application I need to install or a configuration I need to change, etc.?

Thank you,
Ed

Board footer