Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-28 15:50:27

vkhanson

Default configuration xfce-perchannel-xml

Hello,
I'm running an Open OnDemand remote desktop service for our cluster at Montana State University. We have a number of classes that will be using the service. I logged into my own account and configured a number of default settings I want to enable whenever a new user logs in. I copied my ~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/*.xml to /etc/xdg/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/ thinking this is where the defaults should exist. As far as I can tell this folder is ever accessed when a new user logs in, so my settings are never applied to new logins.

Where can I stage my default configuration? Or do I need to do it the old fashioned way and copy the default config xml files on first login to ~/.config/xfce4?

Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Kenny

Last edited by vkhanson (2022-12-28 15:51:21)

#2 2022-12-29 03:22:50

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Default configuration xfce-perchannel-xml

If it’s for newly created accounts, /etc/xdg should be used, however some distros override this. For example, xubuntu uses /etc/xdg-xubuntu.

Otherwise, you can always also place the files in /etc/.skel as the contents of that directory will be copied over on new account creations.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

Board footer