Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-16 23:43:08

uben

The "Open with" action changes the default app

I am using Thuar, and when I edit images with gimp, I right click then "Open with" and select Gimp. But the next time I only double click on the image it opens with Gimp instead of the regular image viewer (Ristreto). It's very annoying because every time I open a image with Gimp I have to remember to set Ristreto as default. Sometime I forget, I double click and Gimp open, taking ages, I have to close it and "Open with" Ristreto... I am tired of this shit, seams like I am missing something, like I should proceed this way.

But how can I make the "Open with" action not change the default app to open images ?

#2 2023-01-17 01:03:53

ToZ
Administrator

Re: The "Open with" action changes the default app

Hello and welcome.

Note: Adding version information is helpful as functionality changes over time. In this case, the version of thunar you are using would be helpful.

I have to remember to set Ristreto as default.

Are you using "Open With > Set Default Application" and is the checkbox at the bottom checked? With thunar version 4.18.x, this is how it works. If you set a default application this way, you can intermittently select another app with Open With, but the default will also remain and open via double-click.

Edit: Here is where the functionality for default applications changed as was released in version 4.17.10.

Last edited by ToZ (2023-01-17 01:06:07)

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-01-17 10:46:11

uben

Re: The "Open with" action changes the default app

Thank you !

I face pamed myself XD, I never saw this little checkbox ! Indeed, this behavior should be changed, it's not obvious.

Board footer