Xfce Forum

Sub domains

You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-21 22:24:46

Mandrill

Thunar missing custom actions

I'm running two laptops with MX Linux, both with XFce desktop. Both are running Thunar 4.18.2.

On one I have the 'Configure custom actions...' options on the Edit menu. The other is missing that menu entry. The one with the missing configure option is (obviously?) missing the right click options to open the terminal in whichever directory I'm working in. I'm sure that this used to work as it's something I use often, but I don't know when it disappeared.

I'm assuming there is a corrupt file somewhere. But while I'm comfortable using Linux, I'm by no means a expert when it comes to fixing things like this. I've gone so far as to apt-get purge thunar and then reinstall. That didn't fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

#2 2023-01-21 23:11:46

ToZ
Administrator

Re: Thunar missing custom actions

Hello and welcome.

Custom actions would require the thunar-uca.so library file. On Arch it exists in the /usr/lib/thunarx-3 directory. I believe debian-based distros ship this in a libthunarx-3-0 package.

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] to make it easier for others to find
--- How To Ask For Help | FAQ | Developer Wiki  |  Community | Contribute ---

#3 2023-01-22 20:04:41

Mandrill

Re: Thunar missing custom actions

Well, I feel stupid. The laptop that I was having the problem with doesn't get shutdown during the week. So, yesterday I fired it up to check on libthunarx-3-0 and launched Thunar and the custom actions were there. I checked and Thunar was updated during the week. I'm assuming that it needed a reboot to get everything working again.

Thanks for the help, now if I would just remember, "Have you tried turning it off and on".

Board footer